This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Top 3 fighting games this gen?

#1knuxnolePosted 12/13/2012 12:49:50 PM
Top 3 for me:

1) Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
2) Super Street Fighter IV
3) Mortal Kombat
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#2AznEDPosted 12/13/2012 12:50:42 PM
Mine's the same as yours, except 2 is replaced with BlazBlue series.
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard
#3DarknessXSeekerPosted 12/13/2012 12:51:14 PM
1. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#4servb0tsPosted 12/13/2012 1:00:25 PM
Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Street Fighter 2 HD.
SSBB.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#5SieKensouPosted 12/13/2012 1:04:35 PM
me, playing

1. AH3 /KoF13
2. Aquapazza / Battle Fantasia

something like that.....

me, spectating

1. KoF13
2. AH3
3. BlazBlue (any)

not sure about where to place p4u yet...
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#6ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/13/2012 1:06:27 PM(edited)
Persona 4 Arena
King of Fighters 13
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
#7YggdrasillePosted 12/13/2012 1:09:03 PM
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Blaz Blue: Continuum Shift
Mortal Kombat
---
Playing: PSASBR, TTT 2 (PS3), Tales of Graces F, Atelier Totori; Waiting for: Ni No Kuni, Beyond: Two Souls, Tales of Xillia, Remember Me
#8SightoPosted 12/13/2012 1:10:40 PM
1. BlazBlue
2. Arcana Heart 3
3. DoA5
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#9EvilSakuraiPosted 12/13/2012 1:14:27 PM
I ain't gonna stop at 3! HERE'S 10!

1. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown.
Perfection, now somewhat more accessible, and a bit more fun to play.

2. Super Street Fighter 4.
SF4 got us back on track with fighters. If I denied that, I'd be a loony. SSF4 was the best of the SF4 series, and it still is. Super and bros are good, but this game is solid.

3. Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
The most value for $60 I've ever seen in a fighter. It's got so much damn content in it. To add to that, it's a damn solid game. This game isn't selling that well, and that's a shame, because it's truly an amazing game.

4. The King of Fighters XIII
I am bad at this game, I'm not going to lie, but it's fun as hell. Graphics are crisp, soundtrack is good, gameplay is solid (Even if it's somewhat wierd to people who don't play many SNK games). I really have no gripes other than in my own skill level, and the lack of Geese Howard. Good job making a comeback after that pitiful KOFXII.

5. Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
I am not a Marvel player. I may never be. But this is a good game. Balance is decent, and it really feels like a sequel to Marvel 3, unlike vanilla MvC3, which felt more like Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom part 3. X-Factor being toned down a bit is lovely. You don't have to like this game to appreciate it.

6. Mortal Kombat
I played around with this for a while. I liked it, and it's much better than what they've released in recent years, but it's still not all the way there yet. I have alot of hope, however, for Boon and the boys after how good this was. Good job breathing new life into a franchise which had been on life support for a long long time.

7. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012
Now that AE2012 is out, it's still a solid title. I can only hope capcom can do the same with SFxT. Only reason this isn't higher is because it was just a balance patch to what was at first, a lackluster update.

8. Tekken 6
What an underrated game. Seriously. Everybody loves to hate on Tekken 6, but this is a solid game... Not as solid as TTT2, but still. Tekken 6 was, at that time, hands down the best title in the series, and remains a great game. All the hate was from scrubs who sucked, but it gave this title a bad rep.

9. Street Fighter 4
Yes, even vanilla got onto this list. Sagat aside, this was a great way to come back onto the scene, and it got everyone back into playing it. Say what you want, but this game did what it needed to do, and it's still fun to play.

10. Soul Calibur 5
Alot of hate comes towards this game, but I think it's alright. Who cares about characters and story mode when the fighting engine is the most solid it's been for a while. Not perfect, but it's still a good game.

Other notable titles:
Blazblue, and it's sequels. I didn't like the first that much, and since then we've had uninspired sequels. The next one is looking alright, but the best it can hope for is 10th place on my list.

HDR. I didn't include it, because it's honestly SF2 with more stuff. Otherwise, put it above Final Showdown.

Tekken 5:DR. Not as good as 6. Still good.

SCIV. Not as solid fighting system as SC5

P4A. Even I know BB is better than this game. Lol.

SFxT. Might surpass Mortal Kombat if the patch is good enough. If not... It'll stay here.

MvC3. Better than BB. Worse than SC5.

VF5 Vanilla. To be quite honest, this game, as great as it is, just didn't change much compared to VF4EVO. Getting rid of the grab/hit trade thing is a godsend. It's more than enough compensation for getting rid of tons of grabs. FS feels like a real VF5, Vanilla doesn't.

MKvsDC. Worst thing I've played since Rise of the Robots. Goddamn.
---
PSN:omegamarth. I play fighting games.
Washington Redskins 7-6 Baltimore Ravens 9-4
#10zUkUuPosted 12/13/2012 1:21:57 PM
-Street Fighter 4 - it single handed revived the genre.
-Persona 4 Arena - as best new approachable fighter, and best new 2D fighter
- TTT2 for content.

GG failed due to not releasing the damn arcade version patch right away
SFxT had too many problems and capcom ignored the fans. + on disk dlc
UMvC3 was simply a fiasco. 8 months after release for full price?! kidding?