This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't decide between 360 and PS3

#1HeiedonoPosted 12/13/2012 1:01:25 PM
From the 360 Board
Heiedono posted...
I only have a few games in the short time I owned this used piece of crap 360 (old white model):
Dishonored
Doom 3 Limited Edition
Tales Of Vesperia
Dark Souls
Just Dance 3
Kinect Adventures

And 2 controllers, as well as a Kinect.

Now the console is broken.
I was thinking of switching to PS3 because it has more games I want,
But it would be a more expensive transition.
However, PS3 has free wifi (no Live Gold BS) and I think in the long run it will be better.

Most importantly, how much money could I get if I sold all the above wisely? I was hoping at least $100 (what I payed for the console+1 controller+kinect). If I can't get more than that I may end up just sticking with XBox 360 since I've already invested all this money into.

I have a feeling everyone here will recommend to stay 360 and I'll end up posting this to the PS3 board as well.

The PS3 is nearly $100 more, and I already have the XBox games, so it's hard to tell which option gives more bang for my buck.
---
"If the worst comes to the worst, you can always try summoning nipples and glue. Probably vulgar though :("
PB FC:1549-9392-8987
#2SDFan18Posted 12/13/2012 1:09:00 PM(edited)
PS3 is definitely more for the money. Free online play/better lineup of exclusive games and a Blu-ray player.
---
"Together We Stand, Divided We Fall."
XBL GT/PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#3ill-thoughtsPosted 12/13/2012 1:12:10 PM
i just switched from xbox as well, got tired of my consoles not working properly after a year. if you sell all your stuff, you could probably get over 100 bucks, especially for the Kinect and i believe you could get a console for like 200 bucks so yeah, its definitely worth it.
---
mighty are they in the forbidden knowledge.
#4DrEaM_420Posted 12/13/2012 1:12:55 PM
Compared to the 360, the Ps3 can do so much more man...people really do underestimate how powerful it is.

You can pretty much take any kind of media from any device and load it to your Ps3 and view/play it on your Ps3...its so cool having friends come over with an Mp3 player, or USB drive and throw songs or movies on my Ps3.

Not only that, but the Blu Ray feature is amazing...people will say "Oh its Blu Ray not a big deal, too expensive etc etc"

But sometimes you'll find a bargain bin of awesome $5 Blue Rays...and it has so much awesome content...now you have a player and gaming console, I am telling you, you will not be disappointed.
---
Dream on..
#5DrelagoPosted 12/13/2012 1:14:03 PM
How often do you use online?
According to the site Gold is about $5/month. 20 months of use and you've already covered the $100 difference since PS3's is free.

Exclusives?
Look at the now and the future: does 360 have more exclusives that you want? If not, another point for PS3.

Do you have a Blu-ray player? If not, do you have the desire to own/rent Blu-ray movies?
According to Amazon the cheapest new Blu-ray player is $83. This almost covers the $100 difference if you have an interest in Blu-rays and don't have a player.

As for the games you already have you could trade them in (Glyde, etc) to help with the cost of new games + PS3.
#6NGd72Posted 12/13/2012 1:18:44 PM
You can get a blu ray player for 45$

But honestly, if you plan on doing mostly multiplayer go 360 again. If not, go PS3
---
GT/PSN : Gedemer
#7jubjub360Posted 12/13/2012 1:19:45 PM
NGd72 posted...
You can get a blu ray player for 45$

But honestly, if you plan on doing mostly multiplayer go 360 again. If not, go PS3

This.
---
"I believe games are incomplete when DLC is released, no matter the date!" Agrissa
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#8methosagainPosted 12/13/2012 1:35:25 PM
The only real answer is too own both, I have a PS3 for exclusives and the XB360 for everything else since most multis still tend to perform better on the 360.
#9jubjub360Posted 12/13/2012 1:37:56 PM
methosagain posted...
The only real answer is too own both, I have a PS3 for exclusives and the XB360 for everything else since most multis still tend to perform better on the 360.

And this too.
---
"I believe games are incomplete when DLC is released, no matter the date!" Agrissa
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#10zUkUuPosted 12/13/2012 1:39:35 PM
xbox is a DLC console tho.

-recharge cable
-w-lan (if you need it)
-access to XBL
-dvd kit
etc