This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't decide between 360 and PS3

#11jubjub360Posted 12/13/2012 1:42:41 PM
zUkUu posted...
xbox is a DLC console tho.

-recharge cable
-w-lan (if you need it)
-access to XBL
-dvd kit
etc

What is this...

God slap my head. Seriously.
---
"I believe games are incomplete when DLC is released, no matter the date!" Agrissa
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#12zUkUuPosted 12/13/2012 1:43:30 PM
jubjub360 posted...
zUkUu posted...

-recharge cable
-w-lan (if you need it)
-access to XBL
-dvd kit
etc

What is this...

the truth. after I bought a xbox I had to spent more then the price I paid for it just to access basic things. lol
#13jubjub360Posted 12/13/2012 1:47:45 PM
zUkUu posted...
jubjub360 posted...
zUkUu posted...

-recharge cable
-w-lan (if you need it)
-access to XBL
-dvd kit
etc

What is this...

the truth. after I bought a xbox I had to spent more then the price I paid for it just to access basic things. lol

-Recharge cable: you don't need it. Batteries and make them rechargable (who doesn't have them nowadays?)
-W-lan: Comes built in now.
-Access to XBL: you can access XBL gold or not. Playing online is a different story.
-DVD kit: you're confusing the dvd player that is inside the 360 to that s*** peripheral of HD-DVD.

Glad I could clear that up for you.
---
"I believe games are incomplete when DLC is released, no matter the date!" Agrissa
#14zUkUuPosted 12/13/2012 1:53:06 PM
jubjub360 posted...
zUkUu posted...
jubjub360 posted...
zUkUu posted...

-recharge cable
-w-lan (if you need it)
-access to XBL
-dvd kit
etc

What is this...

-Recharge cable: you don't need it. Batteries and make them rechargable (who doesn't have them nowadays?)
-Access to XBL: you can access XBL gold or not. Playing online is a different story.
-DVD kit: you're confusing the dvd player that is inside the 360 to that s*** peripheral of HD-DVD.

don't try so hard to defend it, there is no need for it. I didn't bash it, I just stated what's the truth.

-charge and play kit is mandatory. why would I bother to get frigging batteries always around? also, that's just another expense.
- well not for my elite.
-yeah I only want to look at the store! : D - of course I meant playing multilayer. (that's the most stupid idea ever btw, there is no reasonable explanation why multiplayer costs money to access. it's either server bases, which are paid NOT BUY MICROSOFT or p2p, in which I or my opponent is the HOST - where is the cost for microsoft again?! they can't be serious if they want to charge for the master server.)
-I dunno what, I didn't bought it (why should I? i have a BD player in my ps3 that I also not use (pc is connected to tv with 5.1 surround system, so screw them both), still it's another thing you have to buy if you want to use it.
#15DeviousLightPosted 12/13/2012 1:54:31 PM
I just went from a 360 to a ps3 and i have never been happier
---
Gamefaqs. Where Frequently Asked Questions are forbidden.
#16jubjub360Posted 12/13/2012 1:55:10 PM
zUkUu posted...
jubjub360 posted...
zUkUu posted...
jubjub360 posted...
zUkUu posted...

-recharge cable
-w-lan (if you need it)
-access to XBL
-dvd kit
etc

What is this...

don't try so hard to defend it, there is no need for it. I didn't bash it, I just stated what's the truth.

-charge and play kit is mandatory. why would I bother to get frigging batteries always around? also, that's just another expense.
- well not for my elite.
-yeah I only want to look at the store! : D - of course I meant playing multilayer. (that's the most stupid idea ever btw, there is no reasonable explanation why multiplayer costs money to access. it's either server bases, which are paid NOT BUY MICROSOFT or p2p, in which I or my opponent is the HOST - where is the cost for microsoft again?! they can't be serious if they want to charge for the master server.)
-I dunno what, I didn't bought it (why should I? i have a BD player in my ps3 that I also not use (pc is connected to tv with 5.1 surround system, so screw them both), still it's another thing you have to buy if you want to use it.

Charge and play kit is not mandatory. Seriously who doesn't have rechargeable batteries nowadays?

Elite... there's the problem.

I always found multiplayer to be better on the 360. Just more fun in general.

Take a look at it this way: Why don't you see HD-DVDs anymore?
---
#17AznEDPosted 12/13/2012 1:57:25 PM
I have both and I play both equally, or at least try to. Most of my close friends have gamertags, so the 360 gets more online chatting (not to mention the party chat patent...). Honestly though, i feel like I'm wasting money for gold just to talk to my friends or play multiplayer.
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard
#18AznEDPosted 12/13/2012 2:02:32 PM
Charge and play kit is not mandatory. Seriously who doesn't have rechargeable batteries nowadays?

First point, I agree.

Second point: I mean, what solutions are there? You want him to spend a few hundred bucks just to get a built-in wifi upgrade? The wireless add-on to the elite is still pretty pricey. He's better off with an ethernet connection anyway. That's what I'd do.

Multiplayer is more fun on the 360 for me because I can chat with my real friends and play, but at times I feel like I'm wasting money to do both of those things when the PS3 can do one of them for free (damn that patent, seriously). 1/3 of the time, my friends are out of town and I'd prefer not to play with strangers unless it's certain multiplayer games.

Last point, I agree with.
---
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard
#19LionheartCJPosted 12/13/2012 2:05:44 PM
I honestly dont see any point in owning both, they are pretty even systems minus the very small amount of exclusives for each, both sides like to over-exaggerate on these things. It's not like previous gens were there was alot more exclusives for each system
---
www.youtube.com/watch?v=49F4qRtNfUw - YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!, YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!!
#20jubjub360Posted 12/13/2012 2:08:37 PM
AznED posted...

First point, I agree.

Second point: I mean, what solutions are there? You want him to spend a few hundred bucks just to get a built-in wifi upgrade? The wireless add-on to the elite is still pretty pricey. He's better off with an ethernet connection anyway. That's what I'd do.

Multiplayer is more fun on the 360 for me because I can chat with my real friends and play, but at times I feel like I'm wasting money to do both of those things when the PS3 can do one of them for free (damn that patent, seriously). 1/3 of the time, my friends are out of town and I'd prefer not to play with strangers unless it's certain multiplayer games.

Last point, I agree with.

About the second point: Hard line is proven to be faster. It's cheaper to buy a hardline than to buy that wireless receiver (seriously that garbage was overpriced so I just went out and bought a 25ft ethernet cable.)
---