This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is my favorite generation of gaming. So many great new IPs this gen

#11mogar002Posted 12/13/2012 6:23:36 PM
This is my first generation of gaming.

Fix'd that for you, no charge.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#12CammyApplePosted 12/13/2012 6:24:39 PM
AXKSION posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
AXKSION posted...

Lack of good Japanese games and no turn based JRPGs.

Riiiiight...

Like what?

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are the only traditional turn based JRPGs this gen.

And what Japanese games are you talking about? Compared to previous gens, Japanese games on the PS3 freaking suck.

zUkUu posted...
I didn't like this generation that much. quantity of games TREMENDOUSLY dropped, and due to the high development cost we get almost the same games over and over and over again, just because they play it safe.

Wow, you're right about something for a change.

CammyApple posted...
Plenty of good Japanese games. They are on hand helds or in Japanese.

I cannot even find many turn based JRPGs on handhelds this gen. And I'd rather have them on home console and not on handhelds.

Just because you don't like where they are doesn't mean they don't exist.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#13TexnophilePosted 12/13/2012 6:26:08 PM
AXKSION posted...
zerooo0 posted...
I'm proud as to how our graphics, gameplay, ect grown so much this gen. I've been gaming since PS1/SNES era which was amazing, but this simply beats it. So Sony, and MS congrats on this gen, and I'll see ya next gen.

Dark/Demon Souls
The Witcher series
Mass Effect

yeah, no, kid.

plus you only listed 3 great - amazing new IPs. This gen does not beat anything. Why? Lack of good Japanese games and no turn based JRPGs.

You consider Mass Effect as one of the amazing IPs this gen..? I'm dissappointed in you Axksion. Even his list had better Ips then that trilogy.
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#14zUkUuPosted 12/13/2012 6:28:08 PM
tho, I would pick those 3 out of the list as well. damn, why does axksion posts something that I can identify with? :<
I feel confused, almost dirty. I think I need to take a shower now.
#15AXKSIONPosted 12/13/2012 6:30:21 PM
Texnophile posted...
AXKSION posted...
zerooo0 posted...
I'm proud as to how our graphics, gameplay, ect grown so much this gen. I've been gaming since PS1/SNES era which was amazing, but this simply beats it. So Sony, and MS congrats on this gen, and I'll see ya next gen.

Dark/Demon Souls
The Witcher series
Mass Effect

yeah, no, kid.

plus you only listed 3 great - amazing new IPs. This gen does not beat anything. Why? Lack of good Japanese games and no turn based JRPGs.

You consider Mass Effect as one of the amazing IPs this gen..? I'm dissappointed in you Axksion. Even his list had better Ips then that trilogy.

Well, the third game sucks. The first two are great.

I hated Mass Effect at first. I played it for a few hours and then sold it. Over a year later I decided to pick it up for cheap and give it another shot and I loved it.

zUkUu posted...
tho, I would pick those 3 out of the list as well. damn, why does axksion posts something that I can identify with? :<
I feel confused, almost dirty. I think I need to take a shower now.

Hey, aren't you that guy that loves that unpolished awful game, Nier?
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#16TexnophilePosted 12/13/2012 6:33:31 PM
AXKSION posted...
Texnophile posted...
AXKSION posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Dark/Demon Souls
The Witcher series
Mass Effect

yeah, no, kid.

Well, the third game sucks. The first two are great.

I hated Mass Effect at first. I played it for a few hours and then sold it. Over a year later I decided to pick it up for cheap and give it another shot and I loved it.

Didn't play #1. I played 2/3. 3 was terrible I agree. 2 was overrated as well. Combat was too boring. Only saving grace was the world variety.
---
"Nothing has ever been more insupportable for a man and a human society than freedom." -The Grand Inquisitor
#17zUkUuPosted 12/13/2012 6:39:14 PM(edited)
1<2<3

and ME is a milestone of cinematography, character narration and player influence. I hope more games will pick up a bit more of these traits (I don't mean copying it)

Hey, aren't you that guy that loves that incredible well written game, Nier?
fixed
#18ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/13/2012 7:08:12 PM
AXKSION posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
AXKSION posted...

Lack of good Japanese games and no turn based JRPGs.

Riiiiight...

Like what?

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are the only traditional turn based JRPGs this gen.

And what Japanese games are you talking about? Compared to previous gens, Japanese games on the PS3 freaking suck.

Just because you hate everything except D Souls and oldschool turn-based RPGs doesn't mean that Japanese games are crap these days. They still released the best games in most genres this gen.
#19Hvv0l24n9Posted 12/13/2012 7:31:01 PM
In most genres?

The only sure wins I can give em are hack and slash and jrpg...
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#20ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/13/2012 7:35:04 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
In most genres?

The only sure wins I can give em are hack and slash and jrpg...

Action?
TPS?
Action RPG?
Turn-based RPG?
Strategy RPG?
Fighting?
SHMUP?

Japan made the best games in all of those genres again this gen. According to the regionally challenged who have to seperate RPGs in East and West, D Souls are WRPGs, so they are even better at making those.

And before the hate brigade jumps me: I own a lot of good Western games.