This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People that only play Call Of Duty

#1PangLaPosted 12/13/2012 3:48:37 PM
Are they considered as gamers even though they only play one game? My cousin and his friends play COD for like 6-12 hours everyday and rarely play any other games. I told my cousin that he is a COD addict and he said "No I play COD for competition, I am a pro gamer".
#2RoxasANobodyPosted 12/13/2012 3:49:34 PM
PangLa posted...
Are they considered as gamers even though they only play one game? My cousin and his friends play COD for like 6-12 hours everyday and rarely play any other games. I told my cousin that he is a COD addict and he said "No I play COD for competition, I am a pro gamer".

Sure. Just look at all the competitive Starcraft II players in Korea.
---
"I've got so much love to give."
Currently playing: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, NFS: The Run, and Assassin's Creed III
#3CapwnDPosted 12/13/2012 3:53:14 PM
I'm not sure what pro gamer means or if he's using it right if he really did say that, sometimes I think these topics are made to make the COD crowd just look bad or fit a stereotype.

I'm sure some idiots are going to use the word casual or something, or some other word in a derogatory fashion simply because COD is not their kind of game. But why wouldn't that be a gamer?
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#4WiiareVenomPosted 12/13/2012 3:56:59 PM
People who only play games like Call of Duty are exactly the same as people who play all sorts of other games. Need proof? Tell me why you think they are bad.
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#5zerooo0Posted 12/13/2012 3:57:59 PM
A gamer is one who enjoys any type of games that pleases him.
---
"When the solution is simple, God is answering" -Einstein
#6zooknutPosted 12/13/2012 4:00:16 PM
TC is just trying to hate on cod in a clever way...haters are using tactics now to get there opinions across lol
#7KevoCSCSPosted 12/13/2012 4:00:49 PM
I just find it annoying when people associate gaming itself with Call of Duty.
#8AXKSIONPosted 12/13/2012 4:01:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9Ben__AffleckPosted 12/13/2012 4:03:14 PM
They're no worse than people that only play JRPG's. If that's what they enjoy then that's what they enjoy. Who cares.
---
you just got Affleck'd
#10TomoEK9Posted 12/13/2012 4:26:43 PM
RoxasANobody posted...
PangLa posted...

Sure. Just look at all the competitive Starcraft II players in Korea.

Except they play other games besides SC2. Starcraft is a career, they "play" for practice and to get better to make more money.

They have been known to dick around with other games occasionally, they just don't stream/show it because there is no money in that.

I have a few friends who mostly play COD, 99% of their time on their PS3 is spent playing some form of COD, and the 1% spent playing some other high action shooter.