The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people so against Online Passes?

#1SailorSatournePosted 12/13/2012 6:10:47 PM
I can't understand the hate of Online Passes. DLC? Sure. I disagree that consumers are entitled to things and that companies are in the wrong for adopting DLC, but I can understand the sense of entitlement that makes someone hate it.

But online passes? You get those for free, d00d. Heck, if you're buying it used at a price that justifies buying used, (and not $55 three days after its on shelves), then you STILL end up paying less than full price even if you buy the pass.

So what's inherently wrong about online passes?
---
Placeholder signature so people don't skip the last line of my posts.
#2Vs1991Posted 12/13/2012 6:12:01 PM
i hate having to rely on a code to get the full experience of a game. it annoys me. i rarely buy used, but i hate that i have to enter a code to get the full game
#3doraemonllh1989Posted 12/13/2012 6:12:44 PM
i dont mind

better than constant online bs to be honest
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#4OzzieArcanePosted 12/13/2012 6:12:49 PM
Personally I've never understood people who buy used to save a measly $5 in the first place. Saving $5 is that important that you'd rather have a potentially scratched up version of the game?
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#5servb0tsPosted 12/13/2012 6:13:17 PM
I just don't like On-line Passes that involve Off-line Single Player games.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#6SuperShadowAcePosted 12/13/2012 6:13:34 PM
It's bending over to companies for no good reason. No one with a working brain should say, "Please sir, take away more rights from me"
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#7SailorSatourne(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 6:13:36 PM
Vs1991 posted...
i hate having to rely on a code to get the full experience of a game. it annoys me. i rarely buy used, but i hate that i have to enter a code to get the full game

Eh, I can understand why this might be annoying. I've played enough PC games in my time to where it's just part of the process for me though.
---
#8SailorSatourne(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 6:14:37 PM
SuperShadowAce posted...
It's bending over to companies for no good reason. No one with a working brain should say, "Please sir, take away more rights from me"

lol. Rights? What rights? What country do you live in whose constitution outlines "Thou shalt not require a 16-digit code to be input in order for consumers to access online content."?
---
#9mogar002Posted 12/13/2012 6:14:41 PM
OzzieArcane posted...
Personally I've never understood people who buy used to save a measly $5 in the first place. Saving $5 is that important that you'd rather have a potentially scratched up version of the game?

ITP: We assume everyone buys from Gamestop.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#10bsballa09Posted 12/13/2012 6:15:59 PM
SuperShadowAce posted...

So the devs don't deserve money for making the game?
---
I agree with them, if you're gonna be afraid to mention Xmas on a Xmas card then you shouldn't even bother sending them out - lulzbro