This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people so against Online Passes?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why are people so against Online Passes?
2 years ago#1
I can't understand the hate of Online Passes. DLC? Sure. I disagree that consumers are entitled to things and that companies are in the wrong for adopting DLC, but I can understand the sense of entitlement that makes someone hate it.

But online passes? You get those for free, d00d. Heck, if you're buying it used at a price that justifies buying used, (and not $55 three days after its on shelves), then you STILL end up paying less than full price even if you buy the pass.

So what's inherently wrong about online passes?
---
Placeholder signature so people don't skip the last line of my posts.
2 years ago#2
i hate having to rely on a code to get the full experience of a game. it annoys me. i rarely buy used, but i hate that i have to enter a code to get the full game
2 years ago#3
i dont mind

better than constant online bs to be honest
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
2 years ago#4
Personally I've never understood people who buy used to save a measly $5 in the first place. Saving $5 is that important that you'd rather have a potentially scratched up version of the game?
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
2 years ago#5
I just don't like On-line Passes that involve Off-line Single Player games.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
2 years ago#6
It's bending over to companies for no good reason. No one with a working brain should say, "Please sir, take away more rights from me"
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
2 years ago#7
Vs1991 posted...
i hate having to rely on a code to get the full experience of a game. it annoys me. i rarely buy used, but i hate that i have to enter a code to get the full game

Eh, I can understand why this might be annoying. I've played enough PC games in my time to where it's just part of the process for me though.
---
2 years ago#8
SuperShadowAce posted...
It's bending over to companies for no good reason. No one with a working brain should say, "Please sir, take away more rights from me"

lol. Rights? What rights? What country do you live in whose constitution outlines "Thou shalt not require a 16-digit code to be input in order for consumers to access online content."?
---
2 years ago#9
OzzieArcane posted...
Personally I've never understood people who buy used to save a measly $5 in the first place. Saving $5 is that important that you'd rather have a potentially scratched up version of the game?

ITP: We assume everyone buys from Gamestop.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
2 years ago#10
SuperShadowAce posted...

So the devs don't deserve money for making the game?
---
I agree with them, if you're gonna be afraid to mention Xmas on a Xmas card then you shouldn't even bother sending them out - lulzbro
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why are people so against Online Passes?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived