This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people so against Online Passes?

#41DrEaM_420Posted 12/13/2012 6:14:22 PM
1. You cant take the game to a friends and play online, when you go to put the code in it says its in use, which is absolutely stupid.

2. I'm not going to pay extra money to play online if I buy used, I just wont buy the game if thats the case.

No skin off my back, its just stupid how greedy companies have become, its no longer about the consumer, so I wont support companies that use DLC, on disk DLC or online passes.
---
Dream on..
#42Devilman_AmonPosted 12/13/2012 6:15:06 PM
^^^ That
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#43CronoDynePosted 12/13/2012 6:19:56 PM(edited)

Yeah so instead the servers would just get shut down because people are still playing it while no money is coming in like all the games that just got shut down on Gamespy that the original owners of the games were still playing.

Your argument makes no sense. The publishers already got their money. There's no difference if the original owner is still playing on the servers for his entire lifetime or if a new person comes in and starts playing on the servers. It's still one person playing on one server that's been paid for. Using your flawed logic, it's wrong to let my brother pick up my controller and play a round of Black Ops because HE didn't pay for an online pass. Heck, why stop there? He can't play my copy of the game because he didn't pay for it. He can't play my PS3 because he didn't pay for it. He can't use my controller because he didn't pay for it. He now must give Sony $10 per item as a cover charge to even use the products. Do you not see how ridiculous that sounds?
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#44Vic_TrenzPosted 12/13/2012 6:16:24 PM
Personally I've never understood people who buy used to save a measly $5 in the first place. Saving $5 is that important that you'd rather have a potentially scratched up version of the game?

ITP: We assume everyone buys from Gamestop.

I find it funny that people automatically assume that the general people will buy a new released game used for $5 cheaper. I, am not those people, and I buy used games. Why? Because I don't buy a hell of a lot of games each year and over the years, a game might peak my interest and I'll eventually look into it, but stores will no longer carry new copies. What's my solution to the problem? I buy a used copy. I did that with Mass Effect. I didn't play it until 2010 and when I went to find it, I could only find it used, and it was $15. Thought that was a fairly good price for a AAA used game.
---
PSN: Vic_Trenz GT: Trenz Strife
Just because the PS3 and 360 will continue to have games, the PS4 and 720 will still come out fall of 2013. 1-24-12
#45Jason_HudsonPosted 12/13/2012 6:17:22 PM
Because I rent a lot of games and I would at least like to try out the multiplayer.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest MW3 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#46Raven_CyarmPosted 12/13/2012 6:22:22 PM
Jason_Hudson posted...
Because I rent a lot of games and I would at least like to try out the multiplayer.

And most online games come with a 7 day online trial, so moot point.
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#47CammyApplePosted 12/13/2012 6:23:05 PM
DrEaM_420 posted...
1. You cant take the game to a friends and play online, when you go to put the code in it says its in use, which is absolutely stupid.

2. I'm not going to pay extra money to play online if I buy used, I just wont buy the game if thats the case.

No skin off my back, its just stupid how greedy companies have become, its no longer about the consumer, so I wont support companies that use DLC, on disk DLC or online passes.

1, use your psn and download the pass there.
2, whether you buy it used or not at all makes no difference to anyone but the the store selling it used.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#48calhoun1389Posted 12/13/2012 6:27:31 PM
Raycon posted...
Where are you buying your used games? Cause I'm saving WELL over $5 any time I buy one.

The better question is, where are YOU buying your used games? The only place I know of where I can either order online or go to the store to get used games is Gamestop and their BO2 is currently $55 used.
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
'I just wanted to be the best Pokemon Master I could be." - Michael Vick
#49jessica73Posted 12/13/2012 6:28:07 PM
ebay/amazon/craigslist
---
http://i.imgur.com/Z0ZPk.png
PC nobleman tossing FCP's a bone - Thanks Breloom @_@
#50CronoDynePosted 12/13/2012 6:30:27 PM
calhoun1389 posted...
Raycon posted...
Where are you buying your used games? Cause I'm saving WELL over $5 any time I buy one.

The better question is, where are YOU buying your used games? The only place I know of where I can either order online or go to the store to get used games is Gamestop and their BO2 is currently $55 used.

You're making the stupidly flawed assumption that people are actually only going to GameStop, and only during the first couple weeks after the game is released. You fail to realize that maybe, just maybe, people are waiting for a lower price or shopping elsewhere secondhand.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.