This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

General consensus of Final Fantasy XIII?

#281meteor9898Posted 12/14/2012 4:21:33 PM
She's Balthier's partner. They're Han Solo and Chewbacca.

This matters...how? I'm almost afraid to read the rest of this.

There's absolutely zero need for character development.

Because she's Chewbacca? This is the most inane rebuttal I've seen in a long time, its kind of mystifying actually. I still don't know what to say, as there's clearly something wrong with the reasoning centers of your brain so I doubt anything I say will matter anyway. WHY is there no need? You have never managed to explain that, besides hinting that she's a sex bunny and therefore doesn't need any fancy character development and some stupid comparison to Chewbacca. None of this makes her deserving of being story scrap. Tifa had big knockers too, and it didn't get in the way of her development. Is this a sexist thing? Because I really have no idea what's going on here.
#282frodiusmaximusPosted 12/14/2012 4:22:57 PM
Good game. Good story, good characters. Too linear for the first 1/2 of the game. But very enjoyable overall.
---
Wii FC: 4611 9918 6480 6380 | PSN:FrodiusMaximus
frodiusmaximus@gmail.com
#283meteor9898Posted 12/14/2012 4:24:47 PM
Sighto posted...
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
mogar002 posted...
The general public says it's an average game with a bad story, while gamefaqs says it's teh suxor.

Source? All the polls I've seen with a decent sample size say it's above average.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif

Except those polls could be biased hard to trust any poll in this day and age. The FF fanbase is to fragmented to get a good source of a poll, they could be saying its above average just for the fun of it even though it sucked.

Of course. Look at Mass Effect 1-3. Some of the worst games this gen, but posters could have rated it up for the hell of it. Same with Persona 4 Golden.

But there's a hint of truth within most polls. There's absolutely no evidence with a good sample size saying otherwise.

Wait, did this guy just say Persona 4 and Mass Effect are some of the worst games this gen.?

Not only are all of those games superior to FF13, they blow it out of the water. The only thing I can assume is that that person has no preference for story or character.

I admit, I'm not easily disturbed, but...that "opinion" scares me. Really. I'm gonna have nightmares tonight of some ignorant yahoo preaching that ME and Persona 4 were the worst at anything. Time to stock up on Ambien...
#284third_eye_zero0Posted 12/15/2012 1:07:19 PM
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
It was a half baked game that had the COD formula to it..

Oh?
#285ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/15/2012 1:09:21 PM
Wait, did this guy just say Persona 4 and Mass Effect are some of the worst games this gen.?

There are a lot of people with crap opinions on here. Gotta get used to it, man.
#286Mystickay86Posted 12/15/2012 1:11:05 PM
Jay Sherman: "It stinks!"
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#287kupo1705Posted 12/15/2012 1:12:19 PM
meteor9898 posted...
She's Balthier's partner. They're Han Solo and Chewbacca.

This matters...how? I'm almost afraid to read the rest of this.

There's absolutely zero need for character development.

Because she's Chewbacca? This is the most inane rebuttal I've seen in a long time, its kind of mystifying actually. I still don't know what to say, as there's clearly something wrong with the reasoning centers of your brain so I doubt anything I say will matter anyway. WHY is there no need? You have never managed to explain that, besides hinting that she's a sex bunny and therefore doesn't need any fancy character development and some stupid comparison to Chewbacca. None of this makes her deserving of being story scrap. Tifa had big knockers too, and it didn't get in the way of her development. Is this a sexist thing? Because I really have no idea what's going on here.

You never explained why she does need character development.
#288kupo1705Posted 12/15/2012 1:12:51 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...

There are a lot of people with crap opinions on here. Gotta get used to it, man.

Well I wouldn't exactly call either of those good.
#289Mystickay86Posted 12/16/2012 3:42:05 AM
kupo1705 posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...

Well I wouldn't exactly call either of those good.

Then it means your opinion absolutely sucks. I usually respect other people's opinions too.
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#290CorathTheHungPosted 12/16/2012 3:44:57 AM
Decent. Not terrible like entitled others say. Coulda/Shoulda been way better. IB4TL.