This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

General consensus of Final Fantasy XIII?

#301Grizzle1981Posted 12/16/2012 8:56:38 AM
Great story line with poor game play. I really loved the game but 60% of it was a 2 character battle system. And I guess we can all blame Xbox but once you reach the planet, it's a whole lot of nothing for a very long time (too long if you ask me).

The story was great ... but playing the game was a chore and a half.
---
This post is 100% opinion unless stated otherwise.
#302UnderratedGamerPosted 12/17/2012 8:38:52 AM
kupo1705 posted...
UnderratedGamer posted...
Worst Final Fantasy ever besides Crystal Chronicles, but not the worst RPG ever. Play Lufia: Fortress of Doom and see for yourself.

I've played that and it's better than FFXIII.

At least Lufia has more than an inch of dungeon depth unlike Final Fallacy XIII. Spoony just started a review on it.

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2012/12/15/final-fantasy-xiii-part-1/
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#303UnderratedGamerPosted 12/17/2012 9:16:08 AM
I think it is universal that a game can still be good without the need for character development.

Dragon Warrior III is still a classic and I don't remember one character ever being developed. But if a game DECIDES to implement a development within the cast, it should be done well or the entire game crumbles.

I'd rather go into a game with unexplored characters with NO background rather than a game with poorly developed and unlikable characters.

Hence, there was not a character I didn't like from BoF or DW. Both focus on characters' mechanics more than their personalities.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#304KenauePosted 12/17/2012 9:40:21 AM
Personally, I love the game. It's not perfect by any means, but it's fun and pretty well made. 13-2 is an improvement in every way.
---
A New Era Begins
Goodbye Sunbelt! Hello CUSA!