This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ayone else think they're making too many Metal Gear games right now?

#11agrissaPosted 12/14/2012 12:12:51 AM
TelekiNoctis posted...
No. Rising isn't a metal gear game. It's a mediocre hack & slash.

At least it is Waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than DmC. Now that game's garbage.
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.
#12TehRYNOLPosted 12/14/2012 1:00:12 AM
agrissa posted...
The MGS series is one of the series that actually does not feel milked even after numerous entries. No one can say with a straight face that each game was a clone of each other and same as the last entry.

I agree with that, but I feel like the story finished with MGS4. Peace Walker was a welcome addition though in my opinion. Now I'm starting to feel like we're getting a bit too many MGS games however.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#13yoshi006Posted 12/14/2012 1:40:15 AM
agrissa posted...
The MGS series is one of the series that actually does not feel milked even after numerous entries. No one can say with a straight face that each game was a clone of each other and same as the last entry.

I would agree with this up until MGS4, but any game after 4 feels completely unnecessary. The series is done. Let it rest.
---
Good gameplay can easily salvage a bad story.
Good story can never save bad gameplay.
#14Pawkie07Posted 12/14/2012 1:56:04 AM
TelekiNoctis posted...
No. Rising isn't a metal gear game. It's a mediocre hack & slash.

mediocre lol keep telling yourself that. Before I saw any kind of gameplay at all I thought the same but once I saw what the game was like. Totally different opinion. Kind of blown away how impressed I am with the game.

And for TC's original question

Sure they are announcing a lot but probably won't be quite awhile until we see the others. Also take a look at Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Was announced in May 2006 here it is December 2012.
#15PopSmorePosted 12/14/2012 2:22:49 AM
Ground Zeroes and PP are the same game. did anybody actually watch the GZ trailer? TWO phantoms born from FOX. Phantom Pain is one of the two.
---
kemikalz.net
#16riddlebox89Posted 12/14/2012 3:04:53 AM
velvet_hammer posted...
NO.. We are only 4 games into the MGS saga IN 25 YEARS!!!! MGR will be only the second MG game this gen.. MGS5 and MGGZ are years away.

Umm...you do realize that GZ could most likely be released before the end of 2013 right?

And Rising technically isn't a Metal Gear game, since it's a side story made by a different development team.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#17ThaBasT_MidgaRPosted 12/14/2012 3:50:47 AM
Metal Gear is never enough.
---
Another Winter
#18EdgarAllanTroIlPosted 12/14/2012 3:54:25 AM
Phantom Pain hasn't been confirmed as an MGS game. Just a bunch of people jumping to conclusions and reading too much into everything.
---
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.
#19riddlebox89Posted 12/14/2012 3:56:57 AM
EdgarAllanTroIl posted...
Phantom Pain hasn't been confirmed as an MGS game. Just a bunch of people jumping to conclusions and reading too much into everything.

I don't know, I think that the guy in it looking so much like Big Boss, as well as Kojima making a twitter account using an anagram of his name, with a picture that's obviously him with photoshopped blond hair and mustache, that says "Phantom Pain is NOT an MGS game!"

I think that's more than enough to confirm it's either a separate MGS game or part of Ground Zeroes.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.