This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Overheating problems.

#1DTowne_1Posted 12/14/2012 1:01:10 AM
So my ps3 launch finally died today due to what I believe is overheating. I'm sending it away to gophermods.com that way they will repair it and I won't have my hdd erased. I was wondering though since I live in Knoxville, TN does anyone know of anyone here that is from Knoxville that repairs them and won't screw it up, erase my data, etc.? I've searched around on google and what not but I'm not finding any results and was just wanting to see if anyone around my area knew anyone. Thanks!
---
Go Vols!!!!
#2DTowne_1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 6:20:57 AM
Bump
---
Go Vols!!!!
#3kuterPosted 12/14/2012 6:41:09 AM
I'm not sure if this is true, but if u remove ur hard drive and wait till ur ps3 comes back, you should still have ur data when you put it back in ur PS3, if they send you back the same ps3 that is.

I know i have clean my PS3 a couple time and remove and put my hard drive back in and no data was loss, should try that
#4DTowne_1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 7:08:37 AM
Thanks I will try this. I just wanted to see if I could find out if the data was corrupt before I got it back and if there was anyway that I could get my game out of the console.
---
Go Vols!!!!
#5cannibal123Posted 12/14/2012 7:33:27 AM
Just reflow it yourself.....takes literally 10-15 mins.
---
Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately, and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are; none so like him as ourselves.
#6DTowne_1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 8:29:41 AM
I am getting a more permanent fix lol. I thought about reflowing it but I don't have the steady hand for it. Thanks for the info though.
---
Go Vols!!!!