This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many PS3 break??

#11riddlebox89Posted 12/14/2012 3:42:06 AM
4dfmaEF posted...
...I wonder who's replying.

Oh yeah...you're the kid on the high horse who was telling everyone to shut up about it being a net connection problem, then say it's a net connection problem as if you were the only one who knew the correct answer.

Yeah I doubt after you made an ass of yourself in that topic that anyone will actually take you seriously, not that anyone did before.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#12sardaodanoitePosted 12/14/2012 3:47:39 AM
at a study made at the Mount Royal university we reached the value of 8.4% of broken ps3 after 4 years.
#13ninjabay(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 3:55:25 AM(edited)
so the estimated value is 8%

seems good to me

thanks
---
it rained the day i was born but i was the lightning on that storm
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#14DarkSymbiotePosted 12/14/2012 4:10:25 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
4dfmaEF posted...
Interesting topic and accurate numbers...

It's a well know fact that 360's have a higher failure rate than PS3's, hell even the old fat models were better made than the first two or three 360 models.

Only way you could deny that is if you're a 360 fanboy who thinks the console is nothing less than flawless, which would lead me to ask this, why are you on the PS3 boards?

The numbers you have posted is very informative.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#15riddlebox89Posted 12/14/2012 4:13:56 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
4dfmaEF posted...

It's a well know fact that 360's have a higher failure rate than PS3's, hell even the old fat models were better made than the first two or three 360 models.

Only way you could deny that is if you're a 360 fanboy who thinks the console is nothing less than flawless, which would lead me to ask this, why are you on the PS3 boards?

For every four 360's that break down, one PS3 breaks down.

Happy?
---
#16DarkSymbiotePosted 12/14/2012 4:18:56 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
4dfmaEF posted...

For every four 360's that break down, one PS3 breaks down.

Happy?

I wish you were. All you're doing is comparing PS3 failure to 360's. Nowadays, even for a fanboy that's impressively lame.
---
#174dfmaEFPosted 12/14/2012 4:29:50 AM
Is this riddlebox89 guy talking to me?

Hmm, I'm a PS360 owner and PS3 is my main so I don't know where he's got that fanboy-for-whatever-side crap from.

Tell me more about that disorder. Oh wait, I can't read it.
---
If I could I would....n't stop
#18Pengu1nPosted 12/14/2012 4:29:57 AM
The slims and the super slims are far more reliable than the old models this is mainly because of a shrink in the die size of the CPU. The 60gb consoles had a 90nm CPU die. This meant that the CPU would generate loads of heat and use loads of power and IMO that's what caused the YLOD on the older models. Basically the console would cook it's own innards.

The later models of the original model shrunk the die size down to 60nm a huge improvement yet witout enough cooling it would still cause issues.

The slim and super slim models use a 45nm die process. This means that compare to the 60gb models the die size is half the 90nm die of the 60gb models. This means that less heat is being generated and it's not drawing as much power.

MS have done the same thing with the 360 over the years and thbe current S model has the CPU and GPU on the same chip.
---
If you believe in Hulkamania and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature
#19riddlebox89Posted 12/14/2012 4:34:45 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
I wish you were. All you're doing is comparing PS3 failure to 360's. Nowadays, even for a fanboy that's impressively lame.

Yow know what's also impressively lame? The fact that 360 fanboy drones like you and the other guy, don't comprehend the fact that your preciously flawless console still has a higher failure rate than any home console ever released.

But of course, in the eyes of people like you, they can do no wrong, they clearly were doing something good with making the first three versions of their console with cheap junk hardware that worked for a few months to almost a year if you were lucky, then just stopped and required replacement.

What's really pathetic is that people like you don't realize that Microsoft nearly got their asses sued off because they intentionally used faulty hardware which resulted in the systems breaking down and overheating and were told to either fix their screw up or pay a pretty hefty fine for intentionally selling something with faulty parts that they knew would give out quickly.
---
#20DarkSymbiotePosted 12/14/2012 4:50:18 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
I am incapable of having a conversation without mentioning how Microsoft and the 360 destroyed my life.

I agree. And here I thought your immaturity and need to insult everyone was limited to the Ground Zeroes board.
---