This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DO U THINK there's any connection betwene Mass Shooting today & Video games?

#431iPutinWORK(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 7:20:32 AM
AXKSION posted...
iPutinWORK posted...
Aksion, why do you feel so strongly that anything having to do with God or religion doesn't exist? I'm curious.

Simpler & Better Questions:
Why do you feel so strongly about something that there is zero evidence for?
Is your belief the only correct one and everyone else is wrong?
What makes your belief right?
If you blindly believe based on faith, do you drive your car while blindfolded?
Do you go to a doctor or do you pray about it instead? Do you thank god or the doctor?
What is the purpose to prayer if it doesn't change the outcome and "god's will" happens regardless?
Do you stone people to death who work on the sabbath? Do you stone to death those who partake in adultery?
Do you believe that the innocent should be punished for the wrongdoings of others?
Millions of species on an ark?
Literal or metaphorical?
Is god real because the bible says so and the bible is right because god says so?
Do you let religion rule and hinder your life and limit your potential?
If your baby is born with defects, is it because of sin?
If adultery is punishable by death, what about god and Mary? I mean, Mary was with Joseph.
There's many religions and they're not compatible so which one(s) is/are right?
There are many religious texts, why the bible?

So, why is it so unthinkable that some old kooks wrote the bible and then everyone started taking it TOO seriously?

Are you going to start worshipping Eru, the god from Lord of the Rings. I mean, the Lord of the Rings are books, so they must be based on fact, yes?

type type type type type typity typity type, and still no direct answer to my original question. (no offense, btw). :)
---
PSN Salesrobmy7 | I play: MvC2 and PSASBR || Add me!
Favorites SMB3 | FFT | FFX | MvC2 | Pokemon
#432Godly_GoofPosted 12/15/2012 7:24:30 AM
AXKSION posted...
iPutinWORK posted...
Aksion, why do you feel so strongly that anything having to do with God or religion doesn't exist? I'm curious.

Do you go to a doctor or do you pray about it instead? Do you thank god or the doctor?
What is the purpose to prayer if it doesn't change the outcome and "god's will" happens regardless?
Do you stone people to death who work on the sabbath? Do you stone to death those who partake in adultery?
Do you believe that the innocent should be punished for the wrongdoings of others?
Literal or metaphorical?
Is god real because the bible says so and the bible is right because god says so?
If adultery is punishable by death, what about god and Mary? I mean, Mary was with Joseph.

So, why is it so unthinkable that some old kooks wrote the bible and then everyone started taking it TOO seriously?

Are you going to start worshipping Eru, the god from Lord of the Rings. I mean, the Lord of the Rings are books, so they must be based on fact, yes?

I stand by my above post. And you're the perfect example of the "messiah complex" individual that feels the need to "educate" others on something that even you fail to understand. Not to mention making A) Hypocritical statements, B) Baseless claims, C) Extremely stupid arguments based off stereotypes, etc etc.

See that X on the top of your web browser up their? Ya click that and stay there troll :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#433AXKSIONPosted 12/15/2012 7:28:06 AM
iPutinWORK posted...
still no direct answer to my original question. (no offense, btw). :)

If you read that, they are your answers. The main answer is that religion is absurd and illogical. Out of the hundreds of religions, everyone is so arrogant to think theirs is the only true correct one. It is truly one of the sickest things in this world.

No proof of anything so it is better to believe in nothing until the proof is presented.

Godly_Goof posted...
I stand by my above post. And you're the perfect example of the "messiah complex" individual that feels the need to "educate" others on something that even you fail to understand. Not to mention making A) Hypocritical statements, B) Baseless claims, C) Extremely stupid arguments based off stereotypes, etc etc.

See that X on the top of your web browser up their? Ya click that and stay there troll :/

Your religious texts are full of absurdities, errors, contradictions, etc.

Also, for (A, B, & C), you have nothing against me.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#434iPutinWORK(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 7:31:17 AM
AXKSION posted...
iPutinWORK posted...
still no direct answer to my original question. (no offense, btw). :)

If you read that, they are your answers. The main answer is that religion is absurd and illogical. Out of the hundreds of religions, everyone is so arrogant to think theirs is the only true correct one. It is truly one of the sickest things in this world.

No proof of anything so it is better to believe in nothing until the proof is presented.

Godly_Goof posted...

Your religious texts are full of absurdities, errors, contradictions, etc.

Also, for (A, B, & C), you have nothing against me.

Aksion, is it safe to make the claim that "Agnosticism" is a religion in and of itself? At least, in part? (direct response to question would be appreciated)
---
PSN Salesrobmy7 | I play: MvC2 and PSASBR || Add me!
Favorites SMB3 | FFT | FFX | MvC2 | Pokemon
#435Neoprime616Posted 12/15/2012 7:31:42 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
AXKSION posted...
iPutinWORK posted...

Literal or metaphorical?

Thats not Messiah Complex you dumba**, Messiah Complex reqiures someone to be or believe their a savior.
#436Shawwty08Posted 12/15/2012 7:33:28 AM
O_O @ iputinWORK successfully trolling
#437AXKSIONPosted 12/15/2012 7:42:02 AM
iPutinWORK posted...
Aksion, is it safe to make the claim that "Agnosticism" is a religion in and of itself? At least, in part? (direct response to question would be appreciated)

agnosticism is uncertainty of one's beliefs. no set of beliefs or practices

atheism is also not a belief. atheism is lack of belief. religion and god are inventions by man, and all people are born as atheists. This is why atheism can never be considered a religion, but some religious people try to deceive others to think otherwise.

and science is not a religion either. science changes as new discoveries are made, and there are no set of beliefs and practices that are followed.

re·li·gion [ri-lij-uh n] Show IPA
noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

Anyhow, I'm done for the night. Undoubtedly this topic will be spent and locked by the time I wake up.

I hope you appreciate and are honored by the wisdom I parted you with.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#438wh0_kn0wsPosted 12/15/2012 7:46:44 AM
devastatorX2 posted...
Gun Totin' american mom with an autistic kid thought it was a good idea to collect guns.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/adam-lanza-is-recalled-as-a-rambunctious-kid-with-family-problems/2012/12/14/795ad0fe-4641-11e2-8e70-e1993528222d_story.html

Americans are dumb .

generalizations? about united states citizens?? HOW COULD THIS BE????
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#439renskyfirePosted 12/15/2012 7:48:14 AM
Yes and to save the children we need to apprehend everyone that has played a video game and execute them right now because they're evil godless monsters!

Of course not. Now I'm sure if a copy of Call of Duty or heck a copy of Harvest Moon is found they will try to pin it on that, because the media LOVES to make a connection to a bigger issue and as many as possible. The news outlets will joyfully talk about the need for gun legislation, depending on which party owns them talking about the need to ban all the guns, or arm everyone with an assault rifle and Abrams tank. You will also have people saying we need to ban all video games that so much as have characters with any emotion other then happy, because video games have been the past few decades "scary" media.

No matter what their political goal is, they will cite research and overemphasize the findings and sweep under the rug the counter arguments to that same research. So basically the media will do the bidding of whoever owns them, who will be using the deaths of these people to advance their political goals. Most of them probably couldn't possibly care less if they tried about the victims, and some in fact thrilled about the tragedy if it can help them achieve a legislative goal.

Sorry just a bit bitter about every-time there's a school shooting gun control and violent video games ALWAYS comes up before the victim's bodies are even cold.
---
You know you have been playing games too long when you shout out the window to turn off the lights during the day.=)
#440Evel138Posted 12/15/2012 7:55:09 AM
AXKSION posted...
Evel138 posted...
my deep belief that there is something beyond the material world......

and just what is that "something"?

oh, let me guess, your answer is the only right one, correct? everyone elses' answer is wrong and your god(s) and beliefs are the only correct thing. I know your arrogant conceited ethnocentric xenophobic type.

Unless you can tell anyone just what that something is, and prove it, your belief is just a belief.

In fact, if I'm right and there is nothing after everyone dies, then you're wrong and your beliefs were just wasted thoughts and wasted actions. Kept from your true potential, with your beliefs used as a crutch.

Actually, there a number of measurable factors in the theory of quantum physics.

In a nutshell, it is the relationship between what we know of the material world and that of our "consciousness", often referred to as the "observer".

Fascinating stuff.....maybe. if you could drop that chip off your shoulder regarding "religion" and dial back the self-induced ignorance for a moments time, you might look into it at some point?
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=evel138#/d5g9oo0