This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DO U THINK there's any connection betwene Mass Shooting today & Video games?

#461UndietakerPosted 12/15/2012 9:29:50 AM
Rydiafan013 posted...
Really ... 18 children died and ppl are use this to debate violence in games

Its some dude with major issues who when to kill his mother ( from what i under stand he killed his father and someone else b4 he went to the school ) ... and also ended up killing 27 other people who wasn't his family .. for 30 ppl dead

This pisses me off ... every where i go ppl are using this to get on their soap boxes and debating issues like gun control and video game violence ... down right disrespecting the dead ppl and the parents of the dead kids

No Video games or gun control can't be blamed for this ... Mental health and family issue will most likely be the cause of what happened

What's down right disrespectful is the government not doing a damn thing to stop these massacres.
President holding some press conference saying how bad it is, America's heart is broke blah, blah, blah.
But what changes? Nothing, they just sit around doing nothing until the next one so they can have another press conference.
How the American public can allow total inaction to these seemingly constant massacres is astounding...
#462wh0_kn0wsPosted 12/15/2012 9:30:03 AM
chiefofsb78 posted...
clevermoniker posted...
Fifty years ago, you could buy or order a handgun/rifle/"assault weapon" practically anywhere, and not have to submit to a background check and there were no waiting periods, and people did not go around shooting up malls and elementary schools.

So what happened?

Guns are NOT the problem.

Of course not guns dont kill people people kill people WITH GUNS

care to explain your point, chief?
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#463killakPosted 12/15/2012 9:33:29 AM
Fifty years ago, you could buy or order a handgun/rifle/"assault weapon" practically anywhere, and not have to submit to a background check and there were no waiting periods, and people did not go around shooting up malls and elementary schools.

So what happened?

Society wasn't nearly as hostile as it is now, fifty years ago.

Now if you had an alternate reality where you could say "in 2012, guns are easy to get and nobody is shooting up schools", you'd have a point. But you're taking 2 completely different periods.

In Australia, we have incredibly strict gun laws and you're more likely not to get a gun, than to get one, and our shootings are few and very far between.

Now that's a 2012 story, not a 1960s story.
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/bwbc3ok
#464wstfldPosted 12/15/2012 9:35:55 AM

So what happened?

Society wasn't nearly as hostile as it is now, fifty years ago.

Now if you had an alternate reality where you could say "in 2012, guns are easy to get and nobody is shooting up schools", you'd have a point. But you're taking 2 completely different periods.

In Australia, we have incredibly strict gun laws and you're more likely not to get a gun, than to get one, and our shootings are few and very far between.

Now that's a 2012 story, not a 1960s story.

Australia has not had a massacre since banning assault rifles in the mid-90s.
---
Last Played: Assassin's Creed 3 (8/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Assassin's Creed 3, FIFA 13
#465killakPosted 12/15/2012 9:38:26 AM

Not exactly a bad idea. Why put such powerful rifles in the hands of untrained civilians.
---
My instant game collection - http://tinyurl.com/dxq27an
#466Evel138Posted 12/15/2012 9:45:52 AM(edited)
Undietaker posted...
Rydiafan013 posted...

Its some dude with major issues who when to kill his mother ( from what i under stand he killed his father and someone else b4 he went to the school ) ... and also ended up killing 27 other people who wasn't his family .. for 30 ppl dead

This pisses me off ... every where i go ppl are using this to get on their soap boxes and debating issues like gun control and video game violence ... down right disrespecting the dead ppl and the parents of the dead kids

No Video games or gun control can't be blamed for this ... Mental health and family issue will most likely be the cause of what happened

What's down right disrespectful is the government not doing a damn thing to stop these massacres.
President holding some press conference saying how bad it is, America's heart is broke blah, blah, blah.
But what changes? Nothing, they just sit around doing nothing until the next one so they can have another press conference.
How the American public can allow total inaction to these seemingly constant massacres is astounding...

What is there to be done about it? In life, **** happens and you can no more command the sun not to rise.

If you're implying gun control or censorship (in context to the themes in this thread), I've got news for you...the spirit of individual freedoms and liberties are not yet entirely dead in the American people. You try to impose on our First and Second Amendment right(and there is good reason these rights were the first order of business in the founding of this country) and it tends to get the majority of Americans a bit grumpy.

People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both. - Benjamin Franklin.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=evel138#/d5g9oo0
#467wstfldPosted 12/15/2012 9:40:41 AM

Not exactly a bad idea. Why put such powerful rifles in the hands of untrained civilians.

Yea, I would have no problem if ex-military could own these.
---
Last Played: Assassin's Creed 3 (8/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Assassin's Creed 3, FIFA 13
#468Godly_GoofPosted 12/15/2012 9:41:49 AM
wh0_kn0ws posted...
chiefofsb78 posted...
clevermoniker posted...

So what happened?

Of course not guns dont kill people people kill people WITH GUNS

care to explain your point, chief?

Okay I'll explain.
1) look at something like columbine, they wanted a select number of teachers and students dead. Guns were just a means to an end. Failing that they would have just used something else. What else could they have used? Ammonia + bleach to make chlorine gas. Extremely lethal to everyone and everything and can be bought ANYWHERE. Black water bombs, run a leaded gas car or high emission car exhaust into a full water bottle till it turns jet black. You now have an explosive more powerful than dynamite. Again almost free and legal.

2) look at how many hundreds of millions of guns are owned by Americans alone. And how few shootings there are. One total moron shouldn't be the standout statistic here.

3) being a resident of Canada here. We HAVE strict ass gun laws here. And people still get automatics here all the same. And the same would happen in the states. Strict gun laws only hurt the common people. Idiots that want them will get them. Why people think that would change anything are just short sighted as hell.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#469killakPosted 12/15/2012 9:45:21 AM
Yea, I would have no problem if ex-military could own these.

ex military, post psych evaluation (and passed), i'd be happy with.
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
#470Rydiafan013Posted 12/15/2012 9:45:53 AM
Undietaker posted...
Rydiafan013 posted...

What can the government do ??

except have armed solders in every school

there is no answer for a quick fix , unless u take every gun away

stop using the government as a scapegoat ... with mental health issues ( well assuming it is mental health issues ) it hard to know when a person will snap ... take the guns away , blame the government , ban games , have armed guards in every class room ... it still wont matter if the mental health of these people are left unchecked ... take the guns away they will use cars , knifes whatever they can get to cause harm because they are mentally ill