This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DO U THINK there's any connection betwene Mass Shooting today & Video games?

#471UndietakerPosted 12/15/2012 10:06:39 AM
Evel138 posted...
Undietaker posted...
Rydiafan013 posted...
Really ... 18 children died and ppl are use this to debate violence in games

Its some dude with major issues who when to kill his mother ( from what i under stand he killed his father and someone else b4 he went to the school ) ... and also ended up killing 27 other people who wasn't his family .. for 30 ppl dead

This pisses me off ... every where i go ppl are using this to get on their soap boxes and debating issues like gun control and video game violence ... down right disrespecting the dead ppl and the parents of the dead kids

No Video games or gun control can't be blamed for this ... Mental health and family issue will most likely be the cause of what happened

What's down right disrespectful is the government not doing a damn thing to stop these massacres.
President holding some press conference saying how bad it is, America's heart is broke blah, blah, blah.
But what changes? Nothing, they just sit around doing nothing until the next one so they can have another press conference.
How the American public can allow total inaction to these seemingly constant massacres is astounding...

What is there to be done about it? In life, **** happens and you can no more command the sun not to rise.

If you're implying gun control or censorship (in context to the themes in this thread), I've got news for you...the spirit of individual freedoms and liberties are not yet entirely dead in the American people. You try to impose on our First and Second Amendment right(and there is good reason these rights were the first order of business in the founding of this country) and it tends to get the majority of Americans a bit grumpy.

People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both. - Benjamin Franklin.

Clinging to the 2nd amendment in this society is obscene as it was clearly never written to intend that civilians would freely obtain assult rifles and other such high grade military equipment. Infact the context is very clear in it's intend to protect country and state, not individual collection of said military equipment.
Strict gun laws may very well not work in America, but hey it can't hurt to take away the "first option" in these massacres can it.
There is no reason whatsoever for a citizen to own a semi-automatic or automatic weapon.
#472LenneValkiryePosted 12/15/2012 10:21:31 AM(edited)
Lol @ people still trying to rationalize that guns aren't the problem.

What we're trying to prevent here is innocent people getting killed.
Guns are used to kill.
More guns around = higher chance that someone uses one to, you guessed right, KILL.

The responsible of yesterday's shooting used perfectly legally owned weapons, stolen from his parents.
If it means even a small reduction of the chance my children might get killed in their school, I'm gladly giving up my right of owning a gun. It's not like I have any use for them and the same goes for the mast majority of the population: anyone who doesn't use a gun for their job has NO business owning one.

Yes, I know there are other ways to kill people, but let's be realistic here, guns are so damn easy and effective to use compared to other weapons such as knives.

Hopefully Obama will do something to fix the issue. It seems that yesterday's massacre was the last straw that broke the camel's back and action is about to be taken. About damn time.
#473Godly_GoofPosted 12/15/2012 10:21:56 AM
I don't agree with the need for people to own semi and full auto guns. But again.

Millions of gun owners in the states. ONE person no matter how bad is not something that should change everything. That's basically saying that .00001% of gun owners are potentially going to hurt people with them.

.00001% of anything should not be the deciding factor in anything. Don't hate the tool hate the person using it :/

Right now more people will die from vehicle accidents, drugs, alcohol, etc than will from gun violence. That doesn't mean they should all be banned. :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#474Bancario51Posted 12/15/2012 10:22:09 AM
I think there is connection about human beings being idiots.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
Awesome Fighting games: TTT2, P4A and Aquapazza...
#475wh0_kn0wsPosted 12/15/2012 10:29:16 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
wh0_kn0ws posted...
care to explain your point, chief?

Okay I'll explain.
1) look at something like columbine, they wanted a select number of teachers and students dead. Guns were just a means to an end. Failing that they would have just used something else. What else could they have used? Ammonia + bleach to make chlorine gas. Extremely lethal to everyone and everything and can be bought ANYWHERE. Black water bombs, run a leaded gas car or high emission car exhaust into a full water bottle till it turns jet black. You now have an explosive more powerful than dynamite. Again almost free and legal.

2) look at how many hundreds of millions of guns are owned by Americans alone. And how few shootings there are. One total moron shouldn't be the standout statistic here.

3) being a resident of Canada here. We HAVE strict ass gun laws here. And people still get automatics here all the same. And the same would happen in the states. Strict gun laws only hurt the common people. Idiots that want them will get them. Why people think that would change anything are just short sighted as hell.

preaching to the choir here. i was just trying to figure out what his point was.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#476Evel138Posted 12/15/2012 10:29:28 AM
Undietaker posted...
Evel138 posted...
Undietaker posted...
Rydiafan013 posted...
Really ... 18 children died and ppl are use this to debate violence in games

Its some dude with major issues who when to kill his mother ( from what i under stand he killed his father and someone else b4 he went to the school ) ... and also ended up killing 27 other people who wasn't his family .. for 30 ppl dead

This pisses me off ... every where i go ppl are using this to get on their soap boxes and debating issues like gun control and video game violence ... down right disrespecting the dead ppl and the parents of the dead kids

No Video games or gun control can't be blamed for this ... Mental health and family issue will most likely be the cause of what happened

What's down right disrespectful is the government not doing a damn thing to stop these massacres.
President holding some press conference saying how bad it is, America's heart is broke blah, blah, blah.
But what changes? Nothing, they just sit around doing nothing until the next one so they can have another press conference.
How the American public can allow total inaction to these seemingly constant massacres is astounding...

What is there to be done about it? In life, **** happens and you can no more command the sun not to rise.

If you're implying gun control or censorship (in context to the themes in this thread), I've got news for you...the spirit of individual freedoms and liberties are not yet entirely dead in the American people. You try to impose on our First and Second Amendment right(and there is good reason these rights were the first order of business in the founding of this country) and it tends to get the majority of Americans a bit grumpy.

People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both. - Benjamin Franklin.

Clinging to the 2nd amendment in this society is obscene as it was clearly never written to intend that civilians would freely obtain assult rifles and other such high grade military equipment. Infact the context is very clear in it's intend to protect country and state, not individual collection of said military equipment.
Strict gun laws may very well not work in America, but hey it can't hurt to take away the "first option" in these massacres can it.
There is no reason whatsoever for a citizen to own a semi-automatic or automatic weapon.

I'm not even going to get into the intent of the 2nd Amendment or your misunderstanding of.....been there, done that in these forums. Its irrelevant anyway.

However, your "can't hurt" statement is false....ludicrous in that one......basic logic would dictate that gun "laws" are only followed those that respect the law....gun restriction only hurts law abiding citizens.

Two....just look at any major city that has strict gun laws....D.C., NYC, Detroit, etc

Notice the murder rate?

Then look at cities with right to carry......notice a STARK difference?

When the bad guys know the average citizen may well be armed, the risk/reward is shifted greatly and crime goes DOWN in those areas.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=evel138#/d5g9oo0
#477UndietakerPosted 12/15/2012 10:30:39 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
I don't agree with the need for people to own semi and full auto guns. But again.

Millions of gun owners in the states. ONE person no matter how bad is not something that should change everything. That's basically saying that .00001% of gun owners are potentially going to hurt people with them.

.00001% of anything should not be the deciding factor in anything. Don't hate the tool hate the person using it :/

Right now more people will die from vehicle accidents, drugs, alcohol, etc than will from gun violence. That doesn't mean they should all be banned. :/

It's not all guns that need to be banned, military rifles and handguns serve one purpose, to kill people. There is no need for any civilian to own these.
Bolt action rifles used for hunting? Absolutely fine, given proof of need and very strict background checks.
#478gpbigballzPosted 12/15/2012 10:31:21 AM
yeahhhhhh.
#479gpbigballzPosted 12/15/2012 10:31:30 AM
yeahhhhhh.
#480gpbigballzPosted 12/15/2012 10:32:26 AM
yeahhhhhh.