This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DO U THINK there's any connection betwene Mass Shooting today & Video games?

#481gpbigballzPosted 12/15/2012 10:32:34 AM
yeahhhhhh.
#482Godly_GoofPosted 12/15/2012 10:32:38 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
Lol @ people still trying to rationalize that guns aren't the problem.

What we're trying to prevent here is innocent people getting killed.
Guns are used to kill.
More guns around = higher chance that someone uses one to, you guessed right, KILL.

The responsible of yesterday's shooting used perfectly legally owned weapons, stolen from his parents.
If it means even a small reduction of the chance my children might get killed in their school, I'm gladly giving up my right of owning a gun. It's not like I have any use for them and the same goes for the mast majority of the population: anyone who doesn't use a gun for their job has NO business owning one.

Yes, I know there are other ways to kill people, but let's be realistic here, guns are so damn easy and effective to use compared to other weapons such as knives.

Hopefully Obama will do something to fix the issue. It seems that yesterday's massacre was the last straw that broke the camel's back and action is about to be taken. About damn time.

I hear one person being an idiot should change how we do everything too. Okay so then because of Hitler we should kill all the Germans. Because of Sadam Hussien and Osama Bin Laden we should get rid of all the Middle Easterners. Because of Cortez we should get rid of all the Spanish. Etc.

Your logic is flawed. They have a designated purpose as a hunting tool and a self defense tool. How people use them is the problem not they themselves :/

Actually you know what? Let me go get my Mossberg. I'll set it down on the table and tell it to kill someone and I'll see what happens.

Nothing. Big surprise. What did we learn? Guns don't kill people. People using guns improperly do :/

The same way people using knives improperly kill people. And stun guns. And drugs. And alcohol. And vehicles. Etc.

Blame the person not the tool. It can't hurt you on its own.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#483LenneValkiryePosted 12/15/2012 10:36:10 AM(edited)
Evel138 posted...

People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both. - Benjamin Franklin.

Spare me the random quote from someone who lived more than 200 years ago and didn't have the slightest clue of how messed up the world is nowdays.
Back then people didn't have to deal with things such as automatic guns being handed out like candy, world wars, atomic bombs and 9/11.
Humans have proven to be far more self-destructive than they can handle, so freedom restrictions are necessary.
#484gpbigballzPosted 12/15/2012 10:33:38 AM
yeahhhhhh.
#485gpbigballzPosted 12/15/2012 10:33:46 AM
yeahhhhhh.
#486gpbigballzPosted 12/15/2012 10:34:56 AM
yeahhhhhh.
#487ace_two_maxPosted 12/15/2012 10:35:05 AM
No game I ever played let me killed children, so no this is simply an an old law that needs removing or changing to prevent people with a mental illness from getting their hands on guns, all mass shooting had one thing in common

The shooter had a mental illness.
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#488gpbigballzPosted 12/15/2012 10:35:06 AM
yeahhhhhh.
#489LenneValkiryePosted 12/15/2012 10:35:14 AM
The message is clear: guns are bad and you should feel bad for owning one (unless you need them for your job).
This topic has reached its conclusion.
#490gpbigballzPosted 12/15/2012 10:36:04 AM
whatever mannn.