This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DO U THINK there's any connection betwene Mass Shooting today & Video games?

#51Cole_The_BeastPosted 12/14/2012 5:30:18 PM
jubjub360 posted...
Cole_The_Beast posted...
No. Video games have nothing to do with it. Does anybody here know if it's legal to have guns under 21?

Federal Law:

BB and airsoft guns at 16
Non concealable weapons at 18
Concealable weapons at 21

This guys guns were concealable right? If so, then the secondary blame should go to the idiots who somehow let him get them.
#52TylerJ33Posted 12/14/2012 5:30:47 PM
mogar002 posted...
DemiFist posted...
mogar002 posted...
I doubt video games cause these mass shootings, only an idiot would think that, but I don't deny they give people a general idea of how to.

How do they give the general idea? Common sense gives the general idea...

Common sense does not tell you how to load a gun >.>

So if a guy didnt learn to load a gun because he never played violent video games you think he's going to just say "ah f*** it, guess I wont shoot this school up after all"
#53kewldude475Posted 12/14/2012 5:31:30 PM
jubjub360 posted...
No because I'm not an idiot.

---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
#5421_21Posted 12/14/2012 5:32:29 PM
If there really were a connection between shooting and video games, don't you think there would be a lot more people falling prey to this? Think about it. How many mass shootings have taken place so far in the last ten years? And what are the odds that each of those shootings are indeed connected to video gaming?
---
Currently playing:
999, Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga, and Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage!?
#55WiiareVenomPosted 12/14/2012 5:33:29 PM
TylerJ33 posted...
mogar002 posted...
DemiFist posted...
mogar002 posted...
I doubt video games cause these mass shootings, only an idiot would think that, but I don't deny they give people a general idea of how to.

So if a guy didnt learn to load a gun because he never played violent video games you think he's going to just say "ah f*** it, guess I wont shoot this school up after all"

The guy who made them figured it out without seeing one before, it could not be two hard to figure out on your own

Not to many game show them being reloaded up close anyway, save something like metal gear.
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#56CooperRCPosted 12/14/2012 5:34:19 PM
WiiareVenom posted...
TylerJ33 posted...
mogar002 posted...
DemiFist posted...
mogar002 posted...

The guy who made them figured it out without seeing one before, it could not be two hard to figure out on your own

Not to many game show them being reloaded up close anyway, save something like metal gear.

If the shooter played FPS games, then it will be sure to come up on MSNBC along with more gun control preaching.
#57iPutinWORK(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 5:34:27 PM
21_21 posted...
If there really were a connection between shooting and video games, don't you think there would be a lot more people falling prey to this? Think about it. How many mass shootings have taken place so far in the last ten years? And what are the odds that each of those shootings are indeed connected to video gaming?

How many have happened IN the PasT 12 months alone!!!!!!

- fake Joker shooting
- NYC shooting
- TODAY!!!
---
PSN Salesrobmy7 | I play: MvC2 and PSASBR || Add me!
Favorites SMB3 | FFT | FFX | MvC2 | Pokemon
#58carlosmuniz20Posted 12/14/2012 5:34:27 PM
I think there is many factors that play into why this kinds of act terror happen when we have a society that supports our troops the way society does when our troops haven't fought for anything other than oil rights for decades... Recruitment videos have heavy metal soundtracks to make killing the awesome objective not the unfortunate "necessity," video games give extra points for headshots.. Our society respects and salutes governing by aggression, one of the many things wrong with this country.. Gun control? Can't even talk about it because some rednecks enjoy killing animals for fun, and we can't make any positive change because the democrats in power are spineless and paid well not to do an absolute thing..sigh.
---
PSN ID: melloack
#59jubjub360Posted 12/14/2012 5:35:25 PM
Weapon law 101 just for helping people to understand:

1. To own a BB gun or airsoft gun, you must be 16 or older (federal not state)
2. To own a non-concealable weapon (rifle or shotgun), You must be 18 or older (federal not state)
3. To own a concealable weapon, you must be 21 or old (federal not state)

To receive 2 or 3, you must have your gun's serial number registered with federal officials. There is a waiting period to run back ground checks on the recipient wanting to own a gun.

Automatic weapons(those that can fire a multitude of rounds without pulling the trigger multiple times but holding it down) is OUTLAWED unless one has a license which allows them to carry such weapons (this was outlawed during the Reagan administration). They have to re-register every 6-12 months I believe (back ground checks to make sure).
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#60WiiareVenomPosted 12/14/2012 5:36:51 PM
carlosmuniz20 posted...
I think there is many factors that play into why this kinds of act terror happen when we have a society that supports our troops the way society does when our troops haven't fought for anything other than oil rights for decades... Recruitment videos have heavy metal soundtracks to make killing the awesome objective not the unfortunate "necessity," video games give extra points for headshots.. Our society respects and salutes governing by aggression, one of the many things wrong with this country.. Gun control? Can't even talk about it because some rednecks enjoy killing animals for fun, and we can't make any positive change because the democrats in power are spineless and paid well not to do an absolute thing..sigh.

A better reason is because Federal Gun control is technically illegal.

Guns and the knowledge to forge them have existed long before any of us, and even America. even if they were all completely illegal, some criminal cartel would have them, and killers would have a way to get them. Killing people is already illegal, why would someone who would kill have a problem breaking gun ownership laws?
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.