This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Final Fantasy Game Is The Best??

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Which Final Fantasy Game Is The Best??
3 years ago#111
Tactics or FFVII if spin offs don't count.

I love FFT in all of its forms, even WotL

Eww, inferior ridiculous/out of place sounding Shakespearean language, bizarre slow down during spell animations, and needless unavailability of Genji equipment (most of it, from its proper source).

I don't see how it's out of the place considering the medieval setting, and I didn't really had any trouble understanding the language (english isn't even my first language)
The slow down I concede is kind of annoying, specially with dancer skills but nothing really that terrible (except for the dancer skills)
And personally I didn't miss the genji equipment at all (even back in the original I always though it was too much of a hassle getting it) and with the extra equipment in wotL I didn't miss it . (It's not like you really need it once you have TG Cid anyway)
All the extra content was enough for me to make up for the slow down in spells.
...rien de terrible ne peut arriver a ceux qui demeurent aupres de la sublime lumiere de Ludovique! ALLELUIA ALLELUIA
3 years ago#112
SieKensou posted...
you'll get as many different answers as there are games.... are you sure you really want to ask this?...

I agree with this.

Anyway, I say FF VI was the best FF.
"You can talk to the wall for all I care."
"I would respect your opinion.... if I cared about it."
3 years ago#113
my favorite is IX, so I think IX is the best
Pokemon Black FC: 2365-5000-1003
Accepting Jirachi and Shaymin donations!
3 years ago#114
FFVII, FFIX were my two personal favorites. Although FFVIII was an amazing game as well. Final Fantasy 13 was pretty awful compared to all the other games. I don't consider Final Fantasy 11 or 14 part of the series since they succumbed to the loathsome MMORPG genre which is absolutely mindlessly, boring and filler.
3 years ago#115
FF 6 is the best. If you include spinoffs FF Tactics gives it strong competition.
3 years ago#116
my list (excluding online, FFXIV was god awful though)

1. VI
2. VII
3. IV
4. !
5. IX
7. X
8. II
9. V
10. III
11. XII
12. XIII-2
13. XIII

6 had an excellent cast and spends a lot of time developing characters. Fully explorable world map (Not just selecting a "zone" from a menu") Each character gets a unique gameplay element, some better than others, with room to still customize.

I hate the new breed on-rails rpg that Final Fantasy has become.
GT: sasquatch4201
3 years ago#117
Favorite would be 2, because i love the leveling up system, or XIII because of paradigm shifting.
Final Fantasies beaten (in order): VII, XIII, VIII, XIII-2, I
Working on: II
3 years ago#118
If you liked 2, you should try FF Legend 2 for gameboy, had the same system and a couple others for monsters and robots. FF legend 3 was also a great game but more traditional leveling
GT: sasquatch4201
3 years ago#119
VI for me
3 years ago#120
JP_GXP posted...
Mystic Quest

TC, I think you're pregnant. You missed too many periods. - Prealienking
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Which Final Fantasy Game Is The Best??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived