This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

December 21st #osceasefire

#11MourningReignsPosted 12/18/2012 11:09:43 AM
crazyman32 posted...
This is just a waste of time

Almost as big of a waste of time as playing gun games. Dum dum chi!
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#12TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 11:10:57 AM
I guess stuff like moments of silence at sporting events are meaningless and a waste of time to.
#13killakPosted 12/18/2012 11:13:09 AM
We're not blaming shooting games, but we're only going to stop playing that particular genre as a show of support

o.O
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#14work_a_holicPosted 12/18/2012 11:15:23 AM
I get why people are doing this, and it's obvious why they are choosing shooting games...

But I'm not doing this.
#15MourningReignsPosted 12/18/2012 11:15:35 AM
TimeOfTheDark posted...
I guess stuff like moments of silence at sporting events are meaningless and a waste of time to.

No, they show tribute on a national stage where everyone is watching and is only a few moments. It shows everyone everywhere is supporting them...but they don't let it actively stop what they are doing.

This is on a stage where no one can see the banding together, or even know if it is happening....and it's for 24 hours.

The average person who doesn't get exposure doesn't need to do this, they can find other ways to support the people who have been hurt or ways to change their local community in the wake of the events. As in my state of SC, funding to help those with mental disabilities was slashed years ago...instead of not playing games for a day, people around here can try to find ways to help those with mental issues or help gain funds for it so those people get help and can avoid tragedies in their life or others.

If that's too much work, as I said before, write a letter to those families. Let them know you care and they are in your thoughts, many addresses have been set up to send condolences to the families.

Go out and support teachers locally and nationally as they are underpaid and give up their life to help children and protect them.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#16Shadow CloudPosted 12/18/2012 11:15:40 AM
I'm still playing through Resident Evil 6 and Assassin's Creed 3 so tough luck.
#17hockeybub89Posted 12/18/2012 11:18:14 AM
God bless this country. We do much for the victims of tragedy. I mean, not doing something for 1 day AND hashtagging a remenberance in our tweets? Short of resurrecting the dead, we have done everything to support victims and stop future horrors.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#18TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 11:19:27 AM
This is on a stage where no one can see the banding together, or even know if it is happening....and it's for 24 hours.

The whole word can see this happening, You can check ps3 online, xbox, steam, whatever. The whole media world can seeit. And it's not just one minute of silence it's giving up something MILLIONS of people enjoy for a whole day.
#19catsimboyPosted 12/18/2012 11:20:31 AM
Why would you even make the connection? It'd be like not watching the Road Runner cartoons to honor the victims of falling anvils. By bringing this up they're just making video games a target for people who want to scapegoat video games so they don't have to deal with the real problems. Unless somebody was strapped down and brainwashed like A Clockwork Orange with violent videogames they're in no way responsible for this crap.
#20killakPosted 12/18/2012 11:20:44 AM
God bless this country. We do much for the victims of tragedy.

Hurricane Katrina
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........