This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

December 21st #osceasefire

#31killakPosted 12/18/2012 11:56:06 AM
BTW, in times of actual war in the world and a desperately needed cease fire over in Israel (unless i'ts happened already), i find it very insulting that somebody would choose to call a day of no FPS, a ceasefire.

Damn idiots and their empty gestures.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........
#32deadmarvPosted 12/18/2012 11:59:05 AM
TimeOfTheDark posted...
Guns laws has nothing to do with it.

All that will happen is the common person won't be protected anymore, while violent and dangerous criminals will be armed. In other countries, houses don't get robbed when no one is home, they got robbed while you are in them. Go try robbing someone's house in Texas while they are still home.

There have been plenty of times where one common person had a concealed weapon, and stopped a violent crime from happening and getting out of hand. There was a man stabbing people in a church, but someone shot him and he wasn't able to do anymore damage.

But you don't need more than one gun to protect your home. Didn't I read a post that said the killer's mother was stockpiling food and guns?
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#33theshovellerPosted 12/18/2012 11:59:12 AM
MourningReigns posted...
Yep, not playing shooting games will really show something.

Maybe instead of making a movement of not playing shooting games they should do something that makes a difference for victims, those with mental illness or issues relating to gun control...but yea, not playing a game for a day will help all those things.

Instead of not playing shooters, they should encourage people to volunteer at local organizations that deal with Mental Health issues and help raise awareness in the community - or at the very least, get informed about what local agencies there are that deal with people with mental illnesses. Hell, I wouldn't mind giving people a little rundown of the kinds of things we do at my program, or what I deal with on a regular basis every day from my clients (obviously with respect to HIPPA.)
#34zUkUuPosted 12/18/2012 12:00:57 PM
TimeOfTheDark posted...

All that will happen is the common person won't be protected anymore, while violent and dangerous criminals will be armed. In other countries, houses don't get robbed when no one is home, they got robbed while you are in them. Go try robbing someone's house in Texas while they are still home.

There have been plenty of times where one common person had a concealed weapon, and stopped a violent crime from happening and getting out of hand. There was a man stabbing people in a church, but someone shot him and he wasn't able to do anymore damage.

that is some stupid logic right there. that's why the us weapon lobbies dominates the entire country. because people are willing to believe the nonsense they sprout.

forbid weapons = less weapons around. it's just THAT easy. there are other non-lethal means of defense if you so desire.

and on the topic of this stupid project, it's just sublimely admitting the fault of shooter games for this massacre - and that is something no one should do, because it's simply untrue. there is a difference between a minute of silence and "stopping everything for a whole day".
#35CammyApplePosted 12/18/2012 12:03:16 PM
Gestures no one sees are the most important. The real reason people wont do this is because they gain nothing from it. If they were rewarded they would. ~ I have more than enough games that I can abstain from ones with firearms for 24 hours. Even if I get nothing out of it. Even if it's a gesture no one will see.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#36ReDDevil2112Posted 12/18/2012 12:05:29 PM

But gun games do?
---
Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong! Ding-dong, yo!
#37killakPosted 12/18/2012 12:05:32 PM
You want a gesture they'll recognise...... hand in your firearms.

then they'll see hope, and know that there are less guns in the wild.

Not playing shooting games is the dumbest idea.
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#38Mutant1988Posted 12/18/2012 12:07:24 PM
I got an even better idea.

How about not being a psychopath for a day?

Or how about doing something productive, rather than refrain from doing something that has absolutely nothing to do with the matter at hand?
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#39CammyApplePosted 12/18/2012 12:10:14 PM
It's okay that you don't want to do it. However others doing it hurts no one so why put them down?
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#40gr0mkakm0rgPosted 12/18/2012 12:15:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]