This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

December 21st #osceasefire

#301Master AlienPosted 12/22/2012 4:12:23 AM
SomnusNemoris posted...
Rights end when they infringe on others. Having death tools lying around, most certainly does that, as seen with the countless accidental deaths of kids by discovered arsenals for a start.

Also, having a ban on guns does not remove the rights from the citizens and pass on control to the government and other 1984 boogieman bollocks. We don't have them in the UK, and our government certainly doesn't control us. That goes for the whole free healthcare argument, but that's another debate.

I stand by my comment earlier... needing a gun to feel safe and like a big man is lunacy.

Also, that archaic piece of trash document needs a massive overhaul.

brb living my life based on a document long before my great great great grandfather's lifetime.
brb I need this massive collection of guns that I'm showing off because it's my right! YEEEE HAWWWW! MURR-CURR!!
brb brb

Cute how you try to say Americans need guns to feel safe or for their egos or something? What about the rest of the majority of the world where guns aren't banned and aren't controlled as much as they are in the US? Oh wait you just another ignorant US basher. If what you said was 100% true and not some opinion from someone who knows very little on the subject (you) why isn't, like my example in my above post, Canada being bashed to high heaven? They have more guns per capita and are waaaaay more adament about their rights to own firearms.
Very mature of you to use this subject as just another way to bash the US.
#302ChipChippersonPosted 12/22/2012 5:01:51 AM
Master Alien posted...
Havent read everything thats been posted but thought id throw this in here as food for thought. In Canada they have less stringy gun laws and far more more guns per capita than the US and at one point in the near past, had the most per capita in the world (could still be #1 but I haven't checked the stats). If guns are the problem, and not the society we live in why isn't Canada a warzone?
Banning things is not the answer, all you are doing is taking x object out of the hands of law abiding citizens, criminals will always be able to find said items. Be it alcohol (prohibition), drugs, or firearms.

I don't know about Canada but there is a world of difference between the make-up of other countries and America. Most have far more homogenous cultures than we do: in general the people look the same, speak the same language, generally have similar beliefs and even worship the same gods. We have none of that in America, it's a tossed salad free for all where chances are you probably can't even communicate with your neighbor. It's every man for themself.

50 years ago when 'gun control' meant using both hands and we were a much more homogenus culture this ish didn't happen. We were individuals yet still part of a community. Now it's every man for himself and people wouldn't pee on their community if it was on fire.

We also had a government that didn't completely reward irresponsibility and a divorce rate that wasn't 60% but those are arguments for another time.

TL;DR- we've simply lost our humanity. We have nice stuff but what actually matters has been flushed down the toilet.
---
"We live in an amazing, amazing world and it's wasted on the crappiest generation of just spoiled idiots that don't care"~Louis CK
#303killakPosted 12/22/2012 6:26:10 AM
Well, its not a stretch to say that the big scary looking AR-15, right off the shelf isn't all that much different than many other (less aggressive in look) semi-automatic rifle. Its just a convenient boogieman for the anti-gun-absolutely types to further a political agenda through peoples feeling and emotion over logic and reason.

I can understand where you....killak.....and everyone against my perspective on this......I get where your hearts at.....I do truly.....but its those feelings of the heart that will lead one day make it seem reasonable for the Federal Government to take our lives over. I mean, its already starting to happen as we've quickened the march to collectivism.

This is why i'm fine to argue with you, despite respecting you on here.

You can still see that there is merit in our own words, but only continue to hold your own view as opposed to attacking us via ad hominem or simply running for the ignore button.

You earned more respect today, mate. Well done.
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#304SomnusNemorisPosted 12/22/2012 8:00:58 AM
Master Alien posted...
Cute how you try to say Americans need guns to feel safe or for their egos or something? What about the rest of the majority of the world where guns aren't banned and aren't controlled as much as they are in the US? Oh wait you just another ignorant US basher. If what you said was 100% true and not some opinion from someone who knows very little on the subject (you) why isn't, like my example in my above post, Canada being bashed to high heaven? They have more guns per capita and are waaaaay more adament about their rights to own firearms.
Very mature of you to use this subject as just another way to bash the US.

lol u mad?
#305Evel138Posted 12/22/2012 8:24:42 AM
killak posted...
Well, its not a stretch to say that the big scary looking AR-15, right off the shelf isn't all that much different than many other (less aggressive in look) semi-automatic rifle. Its just a convenient boogieman for the anti-gun-absolutely types to further a political agenda through peoples feeling and emotion over logic and reason.

I can understand where you....killak.....and everyone against my perspective on this......I get where your hearts at.....I do truly.....but its those feelings of the heart that will lead one day make it seem reasonable for the Federal Government to take our lives over. I mean, its already starting to happen as we've quickened the march to collectivism.

This is why i'm fine to argue with you, despite respecting you on here.

You can still see that there is merit in our own words, but only continue to hold your own view as opposed to attacking us via ad hominem or simply running for the ignore button.

You earned more respect today, mate. Well done.

there are those on this forum that I find so inane.....so ridiculous, that mocking them for my own entertainment is all you can expect.

Then there are those like you, BSG and a host of others that I feel give honest thoughts on the matters we discus on this forum. I come off like an ******* when I get opinionated.....I get it.....but one thing you can count on is that if I respect you and that that honest thought, I'm going to listen and try to understand what exactly you're saying and why it is you believe it to be so. Now, I may continue to be diametrically opposed to your position on any given subject, but I'll always be listening.

You can't really be honest with yourself if you're not willing to consider all sides, angles and perspectives before you formulate what you believe to be most sensible.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=evel138#/d5g9oo0
#306SomnusNemorisPosted 12/22/2012 9:45:23 AM
Chad, you know you love me too :D
#307Eclypse9810Posted 12/22/2012 10:23:40 AM
So I randomly click on this page and skip to the near end, and people are saying it's faked?

Or you ****ing serious? That is just downright pathetic. Please, just go here
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2012/dec/16/sandy-hook-shooting-victims-pictures
and tell yourself all of these kids were fake. Better yet, go to their parents and tell them they're fake.

No, video games don't make a person violent, but they sure do attract the worst humanity has to offer.
---
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
#308mogar002Posted 12/22/2012 10:25:46 AM
My dog tells me the holocaust was faked by aliens in an attempt to steal our cheese wiz.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#309Godly_GoofPosted 12/22/2012 10:30:42 AM
Is this another stupid gun control thread? Ughhhhh

Get rid of everything that can kill someone? Well thats damn near everything on earth >.>
And guns are killing tools? No irresponsible people WITH guns are. Thus why tens of millions of Americans own guns and why of them 1 guy did a school shooting >.>

But then the .00000001% changing the whole world because of it seems to be the classy thing to do in democracy nowadays :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#310OfficerTJHookaPosted 12/22/2012 10:31:53 AM
lol
---
Total slaughter... total slaughter i won't leave a single man alive...la de da de die genocide la de da de dud an ocean of blood...lets begin the killing time