This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

December 21st #osceasefire

#51Mutant1988Posted 12/18/2012 12:30:23 PM
gucciburrr posted...
They're locked up in my home. Why thehell would I hand in my weapons because some weakass, pathetic, imbecile who more than likely had ZERO discipline in his life, decides to shoot something up?

The same freedom that gave you your gun gave him his gun.

We aren't saying freedom is wrong. What we are saying is that the application of this freedom is flawed, as to allow the latter person access to firearms in the first place.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#52theshovellerPosted 12/18/2012 12:33:11 PM
killak posted...
Anyone else gonna play dead space 2 and shoot up the kids?

They explode if you don't. Then there's that episode of South Park about "Free Hat."

I'm going to be working, dealing with the mentally ill, just like I do every day except on the weekends. Then, I'm going to be going home, probably playing Star Wars, or maybe even some Halo or Resident Evil.

I think people should focus on fixing the cause, not the symptoms.
#53Mutant1988Posted 12/18/2012 12:35:08 PM
theshoveller posted...

I think people should focus on fixing the cause, not the symptoms.

Never.

That would require effort and most people are incapable of that.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#54gucciburrrPosted 12/18/2012 12:38:23 PM
killak posted...
What? My personal firearms aren't "in the wild". They're locked up in my home. Why thehell would I hand in my weapons because some weakass, pathetic, imbecile who more than likely had ZERO discipline in his life, decides to shoot something up? Please. Not only will I NOT participate in this silly gaming cease, I will go to the range and fire my weapons like I do every week.

They're accessible, they're "in the wild". A shotgun that has been destroyed, is a gesture.

No, they're accessible by me and me only. So they're not "in the wild". Do you think I sleep in a home with my doors and windows open? You think there's a vacancy sign by these opened doors and windows??
---
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!
#55theshovellerPosted 12/18/2012 12:44:02 PM
gucciburrr posted...
killak posted...
What? My personal firearms aren't "in the wild". They're locked up in my home. Why thehell would I hand in my weapons because some weakass, pathetic, imbecile who more than likely had ZERO discipline in his life, decides to shoot something up? Please. Not only will I NOT participate in this silly gaming cease, I will go to the range and fire my weapons like I do every week.

They're accessible, they're "in the wild". A shotgun that has been destroyed, is a gesture.

No, they're accessible by me and me only. So they're not "in the wild". Do you think I sleep in a home with my doors and windows open? You think there's a vacancy sign by these opened doors and windows??

From everything I've seen, this guy's mother "proudly showed off her gun collection." That, to me, says they're not secured. To me, if you have a firearm, then it is both well-hidden and secured with a lock of some sort. Having it in a glass case isn't secured - anyone can break the glass with a good punch. Having it in a cigar box is not secured - it's not locked. Having it in a gun safe, or having it in a locked small metal case is having it secured. And there's more to it than even that - if it's a key lock, where is the key? If it's a numberpad lock, then is the combination unique and not easy to figure out? If it's a small handgun case, is it easy for someone to get to without knowing where it is?
#56jubjub360Posted 12/18/2012 12:47:17 PM
I have a retort. Let's play video games for 24 hours to show that video games are not the cause of mass murders.
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#57killakPosted 12/18/2012 12:48:53 PM

So you never go out and leave them at home? People rip ATMs out of the walls. A secure gun is only secure for the fact that you kids can't easily get it. If someone wants your gun/s, they can get them.
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#58theshovellerPosted 12/18/2012 12:49:27 PM
jubjub360 posted...
I have a retort. Let's play video games for 24 hours to show that video games are not the cause of mass murders.

I don't know, if it's something like Desert Bus, that might be counter-productive...
#59jubjub360Posted 12/18/2012 12:51:37 PM
theshoveller posted...
jubjub360 posted...

I don't know, if it's something like Desert Bus, that might be counter-productive...

Desert bus? Also about the mother showing off her guns: From the news articles that I read, she also tried to show her kids about weapons safety, to help them understand that they were dangerous. Ideally, she looked like a caring mother for her son.
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#60RPG maniac87Posted 12/18/2012 12:55:01 PM
What's the deal with the pound sign "osceasefire"?
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)