This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ppl who dislike the ff13 games just refuse to accept change

#11theshovellerPosted 12/19/2012 11:44:21 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
theshoveller posted...
Or they just don't like them. Mind you, I thought what I played of FF13 was good, but I can see why people wouldn't like it, also.

Takes all kinds of people to make the world go spinny-spin.

i played ff7 i can see how it was good, but i can see why people wouldnt like it. pick a game and itll fit into your blanket statement.

Yup, exactly. That was the point. It's like rocket science, but without a rocket scientist.

I don't like (Game X), but I can see why people would like it. I like (Game Y), but I can see why people wouldn't.
#12Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 11:45:17 AM
Chaingunmaster posted...
I liked FFXIII, but it's not what FF was. I really hope Versus is more traditional, combat system aside.

what is ff then?.. if you didnt like ff13 then why the heck would you like versus 13? it is part of the series.
#13ocelot562Posted 12/19/2012 11:45:20 AM
If it changed for the better, there wouldn't be a problem.
---
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
W. C. Fields
#14kupo1705Posted 12/19/2012 11:45:34 AM
mogar002 posted...
TheMcKnightMare posted...
I refuse to accept suck..
#15Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 11:46:24 AM
i think it DID change for the better...made so many improvements on FFX
#16AputiPosted 12/19/2012 11:46:32 AM
I didn't grow up with Final Fantasy, hell the way I found out about Final Fantasy was because of Kingdom Hearts 2. I decide to play FFX in 2008 to get myself into the series, I enjoy the story and the combat. FFX intrigued me to get more FF. FFXIII was coming out soon so I thought I would get it. I get it and I found it to be the most boring game I have played this gen. I decide to go back the 16-bit era, I get FFVI and it becomes one of my favorite games of all time. I played FFVII afterwards thinking it must be better because of all the hype, I like FFX more than it.

The point of my story is that change has nothing to do with people disliking FFXIII, it's just that many just found it very boring.
---
Asking once only makes you want it more
#17z827Posted 12/19/2012 11:47:46 AM
Strictly speaking , I could accept the new battle system - or rather , I was quite fond of it.
The music was actually great as well , a bold change from their usual style ( Since their main composer left ) but it was great.

On the other hand , the story and characters were utter crap.
Snow was stubborn till the point of being annoying , Lightning feels like some "forced emo character" , Hope was a brat in XIII and Vanille was a mite bit annoying.
The only decent characters in there were Sazh and Oerba.
---
Char Aznable : "A Mobile Suit's performance does not decide a battle's outcome!"
#18Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 11:48:07 AM
Aputi posted...
I didn't grow up with Final Fantasy, hell the way I found out about Final Fantasy was because of Kingdom Hearts 2. I decide to play FFX in 2008 to get myself into the series, I enjoy the story and the combat. FFX intrigued me to get more FF. FFXIII was coming out soon so I thought I would get it. I get it and I found it to be the most boring game I have played this gen. I decide to go back the 16-bit era, I get FFVI and it becomes one of my favorite games of all time. I played FFVII afterwards thinking it must be better because of all the hype, I like FFX more than it.

The point of my story is that change has nothing to do with people disliking FFXIII, it's just that many just found it very boring.

i dont see how, because the combat is more action paced than ever. if anything, i can see the older ffs being "boring" to the adhd gamers of today.
#19kc999Posted 12/19/2012 11:48:56 AM
I forced myself to play 13, I pre-ordered it and didn't play it until a few months ago. 13-2 pre-ordered as well, and is still in the plastic. I suppose I'll make myself play it before Lightning Returns comes out. I've almost lost faith in Square Enix, the only good game they have made since Square and Enix came together has been Crisis Core, and that was only good because the story was based on VII.
---
PSN: kc373
I'm a man of two words... any questions?
#20cavebear56Posted 12/19/2012 11:50:50 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
theshoveller posted...
Or they just don't like them. Mind you, I thought what I played of FF13 was good, but I can see why people wouldn't like it, also.

Takes all kinds of people to make the world go spinny-spin.

i played ff7 i can see how it was good, but i can see why people wouldnt like it. pick a game and itll fit into your blanket statement.

That was the blindingly obvious point and one I agree with.

It's a universal statement.

Sheesh, GFaqs never fails to impress.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.