This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ppl who dislike the ff13 games just refuse to accept change

#21OrangeSchweesePosted 12/19/2012 11:51:02 AM
I've only played it for about an hour. Haven't gotten around to playing it, though I plan on finishing it someday. Since I enjoy the finer aspects of RPG's and customization, it disturbed me to hear that every fight in the game is scripted, to allow you to be at the correct level when fighting a boss. It makes sense, but I found it disturbing how restrictive it is.
#22Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 11:51:08 AM
z827 posted...
Strictly speaking , I could accept the new battle system - or rather , I was quite fond of it.
The music was actually great as well , a bold change from their usual style ( Since their main composer left ) but it was great.

the graphics were top notch as well, both games were a technical feat.

On the other hand , the story and characters were utter crap.
Snow was stubborn till the point of being annoying , Lightning feels like some "forced emo character" , Hope was a brat in XIII and Vanille was a mite bit annoying.
The only decent characters in there were Sazh and Oerba.

the story of ff13 or 13-2 was crap? because i think both were more interesting than the boring political theme of 12, or the love saga of 10. lightning isnt a "forced emo character" thats cloud. her personality is well developed throughout the entirety of 13. and brat? you havent played more than 5 hours tops. you got every one of their personalities wrong.
#23Stanger5150Posted 12/19/2012 11:51:22 AM
I thought I enjoyed the game, and even defended it relentlessly, until I realized I can't bring myself to finish it.

People who hate it have valid reasons. People who love it like you do have valid reasons also. It's immature and ignorant to attempt to generalize either group.

Learn that.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#24kupo1705Posted 12/19/2012 11:51:40 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Aputi posted...
I didn't grow up with Final Fantasy, hell the way I found out about Final Fantasy was because of Kingdom Hearts 2. I decide to play FFX in 2008 to get myself into the series, I enjoy the story and the combat. FFX intrigued me to get more FF. FFXIII was coming out soon so I thought I would get it. I get it and I found it to be the most boring game I have played this gen. I decide to go back the 16-bit era, I get FFVI and it becomes one of my favorite games of all time. I played FFVII afterwards thinking it must be better because of all the hype, I like FFX more than it.

The point of my story is that change has nothing to do with people disliking FFXIII, it's just that many just found it very boring.

i dont see how, because the combat is more action paced than ever. if anything, i can see the older ffs being "boring" to the adhd gamers of today.

It's actually really slow and you barely have any control.
Don't let the flashy special effects and fast action on the screen fool you.
#25Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 11:52:18 AM
kc999 posted...
I forced myself to play 13, I pre-ordered it and didn't play it until a few months ago. 13-2 pre-ordered as well, and is still in the plastic. I suppose I'll make myself play it before Lightning Returns comes out. I've almost lost faith in Square Enix, the only good game they have made since Square and Enix came together has been Crisis Core, and that was only good because the story was based on VII.

dissidia is amazing, kingdom hearts is carrying the 3ds, crisis core is psp's best game. ff11 started the mmorpg genre and WoW pays hommage to it. ff13 and 13-2 are both amazing in their own right. thats too bad to hear that you gave up before even trying.
#26z827Posted 12/19/2012 11:53:51 AM(edited)
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Aputi posted...
I didn't grow up with Final Fantasy, hell the way I found out about Final Fantasy was because of Kingdom Hearts 2. I decide to play FFX in 2008 to get myself into the series, I enjoy the story and the combat. FFX intrigued me to get more FF. FFXIII was coming out soon so I thought I would get it. I get it and I found it to be the most boring game I have played this gen. I decide to go back the 16-bit era, I get FFVI and it becomes one of my favorite games of all time. I played FFVII afterwards thinking it must be better because of all the hype, I like FFX more than it.

The point of my story is that change has nothing to do with people disliking FFXIII, it's just that many just found it very boring.

i dont see how, because the combat is more action paced than ever. if anything, i can see the older ffs being "boring" to the adhd gamers of today.

Boring and flat characters perhaps?

Retroxgamer0 posted...
z827 posted...
Strictly speaking , I could accept the new battle system - or rather , I was quite fond of it.
The music was actually great as well , a bold change from their usual style ( Since their main composer left ) but it was great.

the graphics were top notch as well, both games were a technical feat.

On the other hand , the story and characters were utter crap.
Snow was stubborn till the point of being annoying , Lightning feels like some "forced emo character" , Hope was a brat in XIII and Vanille was a mite bit annoying.
The only decent characters in there were Sazh and Oerba.

the story of ff13 or 13-2 was crap? because i think both were more interesting than the boring political theme of 12, or the love saga of 10. lightning isnt a "forced emo character" thats cloud. her personality is well developed throughout the entirety of 13. and brat? you havent played more than 5 hours tops. you got every one of their personalities wrong.

Hahaha , have you EVEN played FFVII? Cloud originally was just a snobbish brat - Advent Children killed his personality big time.
Squall was the only real emo in the series.
#27confettistormPosted 12/19/2012 11:53:01 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
give it up, your nostalgia and blind memories of ff7 arent enough to hate on every game square enix masterfully crafts.

Step 1 - Play a Tales of game.
Step 2 - Realize why people hate it so much
#28AlltraPosted 12/19/2012 11:53:21 AM
Holy inaccuracies grandma.
---
Saying something has "Charm" is just a cute way of saying it's lighthearted and kiddy.
#29Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 11:53:37 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
I thought I enjoyed the game, and even defended it relentlessly, until I realized I can't bring myself to finish it.

People who hate it have valid reasons. People who love it like you do have valid reasons also. It's immature and ignorant to attempt to generalize either group.

Learn that.

i have valid complaints about the so beloved ff7 doesnt make it a bad game, but it definately isnt so good that im going to be blind to every other creation that square enix has masterfully crafted =P
#30PangLaPosted 12/19/2012 11:53:43 AM
The same can be said about Silent Hill and Resident Evil. Seriously if you like the old games better than go play them and be stuck in the past.