This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ppl who dislike the ff13 games just refuse to accept change

#231KotomineKireiPosted 12/19/2012 8:31:38 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
ppl who dislike the ff13 games just refuse to accept change
give it up, your nostalgia and blind memories of ff7 arent enough to hate on every game square enix masterfully crafts.

Change is good only when done right and polished.

However, I think the reason, that the FF series has gotten a lot of people criticizing it with FFXIII and FFXIV, is because Square-Enix is likely using it to experiment with different things.

Most likely they are experimenting with FF due to its popularity, and not polishing those experimental features(you can't really polish something without feedback, though I'm sure that's what they're supposed to pay people who they hire to do...)

Going on that though, I think that FFXIII - Lightning Returns: FFXIII were just made to test the waters to see if they could turn future installments in the main(numbered) series to the action RPG sub-genre, if Turn-based RPGs are relevant enough to be worth making now, and if a female protagonist could be as or more popular than a male protagonist.
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#232Robot_SoopaPosted 12/19/2012 8:33:00 PM
thisranks posted...
They have a right to dislike any game they want to, but that doesn't make any game suck.

Anyone who has played the FF games knows they have changed from game to game.

If you notice hard enough, you will realize that most of the complaints about the changes come from people who have gotten into the habit of defining games by region. They simply can't handle the fact that games aren't meant to be defined that way as it constricts how games are developed. If a game isn't developed by their regional rules then they have tantrums and say the games suck.

Honestly, i think they are getting their just desserts for assuming how games should be created...

So it's wrong to assume that an extremely successful series isn't going to do a complete 180 and give fans the opposite of what they've had going for over twenty years now?

It's not like Square Enix hasn't made tons of other series and IPs. If they wanted something of a different style they could have easily made a new IP out of it.
#233KaliestoPosted 12/19/2012 8:37:53 PM
TC one thing you got to understand about some of these cynical critics with invalid opinions....they just suck in general.

If they want to point out flaws, they need to point out *real* flaws instead going around the forums ape**** about it.....but anyway TC, I don't recommend starting a topic like this to begin with.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#234Dryheave999Posted 12/19/2012 8:38:51 PM
Old school final fantasy fan confirming topic title.
---
"on than this day are or said to add content a great pain, but is other then in play" - englishman88
#235SoraXSkyPosted 12/19/2012 8:41:17 PM
TheMcKnightMare posted...
I refuse to accept suck..

That.
---
Gamertag: Sora X Sky
PSN: saburota
#236masterarbiter44Posted 12/19/2012 8:47:00 PM
TheMcKnightMare posted...
I refuse to accept suck..

Yep
---
It's about the games, not about the hardware
#237justdontaskPosted 12/19/2012 8:53:11 PM
i can agree with that... although its more that FF fans are just idiots as a whole... if you like FF(#), 90% of the FF fanbase will hate you for liking a "bad" FF... no matter what... i personally thought 13 was great, and i am glad it gets to be a trilogy.... is it a bad game? not at all, because people like it... is it perfect? not at all... i can see why people hate it, but they cant see why anybody likes it... or at least, most cant...
---
you can be anyone on the internet, why do you choose to be stupid?
#238PoifectionPosted 12/19/2012 9:10:06 PM
Change is fine, I loved the mechanics of FFXII. FFXIII was kinda poop though.
---
"How the Christ do you expect to reverse-Atlantis an entire city? You're just the Dragonborn, not the Daedric Prince of Civil Engineering." DocWily
#239CTBradumsPosted 12/19/2012 9:37:45 PM
Even though both have been said a million times, thus defeating the topic's opinion:

1. I don't refuse to accept change, I just refuse to accept a terrible game. Take the Final Fantasy out of the name and it's still a bad game.

2. I enjoyed FF1-12 (including XI). Saying that disliking FFXIII is because people can't accept change is dumb. Final Fantasy is a series that, for the most part, changes greatly from game to game in comparison to other franchises/series (Most generally being the same mechanics and concept with minor changes and a new storyline, while Final Fantasy is an entirely new game each time). Similar style and basic RPG formula, but different mechanics, storyline, visual style, etc. FFXIII isn't the only one to introduce change, it's just the latest and worst.

I don't hate FFXIII for some asinine or shallow reason, I genuinely found FFXIII to be a terrible game - and I really, really tried to like it.
#240RetroFanGirlPosted 12/19/2012 9:41:54 PM
Change isn't always good. I accepted it and spent my money on something actually good. :)
---
Hi.