This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ppl who dislike the ff13 games just refuse to accept change

#241gtaking5Posted 12/19/2012 9:44:04 PM
Reason why I hate XIII is because it's getting all of Square's attention over Versus XIII, I'm ****ing done with XIII, I want Versus XIII.

Only reason why I don't like the XIII Saga as much as I would like to.
---
Like a lifelong daisy chain, of my imagination
A rat inside a maze, Iíve got no destination
#242TylerGamer84Posted 12/19/2012 9:46:05 PM
I liked XIII though it did take some getting use to. I didn't like the pet raising crap in XIII-2 and also disliked KH: Dream Drop Distance for the same reason even though I'm a huge KH fan.
---
We put our faith in Blast Hardcheese!
#243KotomineKireiPosted 12/19/2012 9:51:05 PM
CTBradums posted...
Even though both have been said a million times, thus defeating the topic's opinion:

1. I don't refuse to accept change, I just refuse to accept a terrible game. Take the Final Fantasy out of the name and it's still a bad game.

2. I enjoyed FF1-12 (including XI). Saying that disliking FFXIII is because people can't accept change is dumb. Final Fantasy is a series that, for the most part, changes greatly from game to game in comparison to other franchises/series (Most generally being the same mechanics and concept with minor changes and a new storyline, while Final Fantasy is an entirely new game each time). Similar style and basic RPG formula, but different mechanics, storyline, visual style, etc. FFXIII isn't the only one to introduce change, it's just the latest and worst.

I don't hate FFXIII for some asinine or shallow reason, I genuinely found FFXIII to be a terrible game - and I really, really tried to like it.

I agree entirely with your post, aside from the fact that you didn't list any specific reasons as to why you didn't like the game.

For example, the problems with FFXIII for me were the camera angle, linearity, and possibly the cut-scenes if they weren't able to be skipped(can't remember)(those might seem like small problems, but they really are constantly bothersome)
---
"EVENT ENDED!"
---
#244graey24601Posted 12/20/2012 12:53:23 AM
To me the XIII/XIII-2 battle system is a downgraded version of the XII system and the paradigm system is a downgraded version of spherechanges from X-2.
The advancement system is shallow beyond words.

Am I remembering wrong or wasn't the primary complaint regarding XII the whole "battle system plays itself" deal? Seems they didn't listen because they made it even more hands off the next time around.

I don't have a problem with the story or characters. I go into every FF knowing the story will be sappy and expecting to loathe at least one character. And I'm fine with that. I do have a problem with a game where I'm more a spectator than a player. Perhaps there are nuances to the battle system that I didn't uncover but nothing excuses imposing permanant AI on characters that are supposed to be mine.

From best to worst IMHO: X XII VI VII IV IX VIII V II III I
#245DoctorRPGPosted 12/20/2012 12:54:38 AM
Romangelo posted...
agreed.

Do I see IX near the end of that list?

I see. I see.
---
i5-3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB DDR3 / Samsung 840 120GB 2.5" SSD / Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 / Corsair 300R / Rosewill 630W 80 PLUS / Windows 8 64-bit
#246gilv3rPosted 12/20/2012 1:04:12 AM
ITT: we pretend change always means good.

FFXIII is garbage, get over it. Nobody talks about Final Fantasy like they used to because the series is officially crap now.

/topic
---
i7 2600k : 8GB G. Skill Ripjaws : 7870 Hawk : 1TB WDCB : 64gig M4 Crucial : 256gig OCZ Vertex 4
#247zUkUuPosted 12/20/2012 1:08:36 AM
FF13 (and 13-2) sacrificed all the good elements of the other FFs for more flashiness. it was a turd, both in gameplay and story / characters.

Vanille was the only redeeming character of the otherwise, overly cliched cast.

it wasn't even a RPG for gods sake, you're LIMITED by story progress, seriously, WHAT THE HECK?! and there is 0 customization, they might as well just use auto-level up, since you follow (literally) a rail anyway. speaking of rail, that's also the level design. there is no exploration, no cities, no "get to know the world you're in on your own", thus the setting is also very dubious and you only see what they show you.
#248graey24601Posted 12/20/2012 1:26:48 AM
When it comes to the linear aspect I see FFXIII as having run headlong into the ultimate problem with the "full zoom" style adopted since FFX. Without a world map you have to render everything at full scale, every leaf and branch, every rock. This means every side area becomes a much larger investment to the point where said investment becomes a factor in deciding to add them or not. FFXIII is what happens when they go with "not".
#249SightoPosted 12/20/2012 1:48:16 AM(edited)
gilv3r posted...
FFXIII is garbage, get over it. Nobody talks about Final Fantasy like they used to because the series is officially crap now.

Thank you for being brave enough to bring us all the truth.
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155282/911-all-over-again

---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#250RoxasANobodyPosted 12/20/2012 1:51:37 AM
graey24601 posted...
Am I remembering wrong or wasn't the primary complaint regarding XII the whole "battle system plays itself" deal? Seems they didn't listen because they made it even more hands off the next time around.

I never got that reasoning. Just because Square Enix made it so that you don't have to find Cure on the Abilities list makes the battle system worse? What kind of awful argument is that?
---
"I've got so much love to give."
Currently playing: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, NFS: The Run, and Assassin's Creed III