This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ppl who dislike the ff13 games just refuse to accept change

#31AputiPosted 12/19/2012 10:54:22 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Aputi posted...
I didn't grow up with Final Fantasy, hell the way I found out about Final Fantasy was because of Kingdom Hearts 2. I decide to play FFX in 2008 to get myself into the series, I enjoy the story and the combat. FFX intrigued me to get more FF. FFXIII was coming out soon so I thought I would get it. I get it and I found it to be the most boring game I have played this gen. I decide to go back the 16-bit era, I get FFVI and it becomes one of my favorite games of all time. I played FFVII afterwards thinking it must be better because of all the hype, I like FFX more than it.

The point of my story is that change has nothing to do with people disliking FFXIII, it's just that many just found it very boring.

i dont see how, because the combat is more action paced than ever. if anything, i can see the older ffs being "boring" to the adhd gamers of today.

Combat is alright. But the enemy design (albeit some of them were the traditional FF enemies) were boring and generic. The story was boring which made the combat boring at times because I did not care for what was going on. I am not adhd gamer so I dont fall that category. Still what matters most in a RPG is engaging battle system with characters that you find endearing, which IMO FFXIII didn't have.
---
Asking once only makes you want it more
#32Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 10:56:38 AM
kupo1705 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Aputi posted...
I didn't grow up with Final Fantasy, hell the way I found out about Final Fantasy was because of Kingdom Hearts 2. I decide to play FFX in 2008 to get myself into the series, I enjoy the story and the combat. FFX intrigued me to get more FF. FFXIII was coming out soon so I thought I would get it. I get it and I found it to be the most boring game I have played this gen. I decide to go back the 16-bit era, I get FFVI and it becomes one of my favorite games of all time. I played FFVII afterwards thinking it must be better because of all the hype, I like FFX more than it.

The point of my story is that change has nothing to do with people disliking FFXIII, it's just that many just found it very boring.

i dont see how, because the combat is more action paced than ever. if anything, i can see the older ffs being "boring" to the adhd gamers of today.

It's actually really slow and you barely have any control.
Don't let the flashy special effects and fast action on the screen fool you.

slow? probably the furthest thing from it. and lack of control? have you ever paradigm shifted before? are you spamming auto battle? that wont get you through the later half of the game...
#33OrangeSchweesePosted 12/19/2012 10:57:15 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
dissidia is amazing, kingdom hearts is carrying the 3ds, crisis core is psp's best game. ff11 started the mmorpg genre and WoW pays hommage to it. ff13 and 13-2 are both amazing in their own right. thats too bad to hear that you gave up before even trying.

Everquest inspired WoW, not FF XI. I agree with you on Dissida. The 3DS has a lot more to offer than just KH. Crisis Core being "the best" is your opinion. You're trolling, right?
#34AlltraPosted 12/19/2012 10:57:17 AM
I'll never consider "Boring" to be a valid complaint about a game. Never, ever, ever, because it's FAR too subjective. There are many more reasons that it's a bad game, that aren't nearly as subjective.
---
Saying something has "Charm" is just a cute way of saying it's lighthearted and kiddy.
#35OkikurmiPosted 12/19/2012 10:57:19 AM
There is good change and bad change.

See RE4 and RE6.
---
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...
#36Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 11:08:27 AM(edited)
PangLa posted...
The same can be said about Silent Hill and Resident Evil. Seriously if you like the old games better than go play them and be stuck in the past.

exactly. i dont dislike ff7 at all. infact its one of my favorites along with 9, but i think 10, 11, 13, and 13-2 are all amazing..and 11 i played for 1.5 years... and im excited to try out the retooled ff14 online. i LOVED dissidia, and crisis core was great. idk why theres people who are like ff7 or bust over and over, and want all other ff games to die. they need to accept change and deal with it. sure i would like them to remake 7 at some point but im not sitting here saying "this game sucks, square enix sucks remake ff7 and thats all that youve ever done successful" thats just ignorance.
#37kupo1705Posted 12/19/2012 11:00:59 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Aputi posted...

It's actually really slow and you barely have any control.
Don't let the flashy special effects and fast action on the screen fool you.

slow? probably the furthest thing from it. and lack of control? have you ever paradigm shifted before? are you spamming auto battle? that wont get you through the later half of the game...

Yes, slow.
It takes like 5 seconds to fill the whole bar, and then you have to watch them use 6 attacks until you it starts filling again.

Paradigms shifts is the only thing you can do.
You can't control your party members.
All you can do is tell them to focus on healing, attacking, or something else.
That's all, no control whatsoever.
#38Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 11:02:27 AM
Aputi posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Aputi posted...

Combat is alright. But the enemy design (albeit some of them were the traditional FF enemies) were boring and generic. The story was boring which made the combat boring at times because I did not care for what was going on. I am not adhd gamer so I dont fall that category. Still what matters most in a RPG is engaging battle system with characters that you find endearing, which IMO FFXIII didn't have.

how can you care about the story of a game when you already gave up on it prematurely?
#39userfrigginamePosted 12/19/2012 11:02:27 AM
I don't dislike FFXIII, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I might before it came out. It was great, but the explorable world was void of any human life, and all the side missions were "just find a monster and kill it." The venues were nice, but it just felt empty, especially compared to the just previous game in the series: XII.
#40kupo1705Posted 12/19/2012 11:02:28 AM
Dissidia is the worst thing to carry the FF name.
It's even worse than X-2.
How anyone can enjoy that piece of garbage is beyond me.