This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ppl who dislike the ff13 games just refuse to accept change

#71Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 12:39:32 PM(edited)
kupo1705 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
z827 posted...
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
Oh look the defender is back again tc you are trying to hard why are you wasting everyones time with another topic on this.

The game is bad get over it and move on.

Lulz , TC thinks everyone is an old fogey whom can't accept change.

it seems like it.. i loved ff7 but when are people going to get over it? is that the only rpg that exists in their mind with the final fantasy name?

What makes you think only FFVII fanboys dislike it?

im just pointing out an example. i think ff7 is the best one to lead by example, but all of the ffs on the ps1 in general. there seems to be a strong amount of players who feel that ff died out once they changed the formula again with 10 and beyond, they yearn for more old school ff and expect all ff games to be like that.
#72RPG maniac87Posted 12/19/2012 12:31:04 PM
I agree that FF10 is one of my favorite battle systems after FF13.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#73King_JanaffPosted 12/19/2012 12:31:30 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
give it up, your nostalgia and blind memories of ff7 arent enough to hate on every game square enix masterfully crafts.

http://poorjerseyshore.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/pauly-d-angry.gif
---
372,006 views left! Please watch and help us RB fans reach our goal->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVCFV7jT9ho
Official Uchiha Itachi of the NSUNS3 Boards
#74kupo1705Posted 12/19/2012 12:33:09 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
It takes like 5 seconds to fill the whole bar, and then you have to watch them use 6 attacks until you it starts filling again.

Paradigms shifts is the only thing you can do.
You can't control your party members.
All you can do is tell them to focus on healing, attacking, or something else.
That's all, no control whatsoever.

firstly, paradigm shifts refresh your atb gauge in both ff13 games. secondly you have control over your lead character, as well as the ability to switch leaders, while your partners are AI controlled. this has been happening in multiple final fantasy games, why do you choose this one to insult?

That only happens under specific circumstances.
Yes, your main character.
Who can do what?
Attack battle is pretty much all you need.
Ravager+auto battle to build stagger.
Commando+auto battle to deal damage.
And maybe the (de)buff job if needed.
There is no point in selecting abilities yourself.

You can't switch leaders. That's only in XIII-2.

And no, this hasn't happened before.

you havent played far enough. they do eventually give you the ability to always switch leads. this happens in chapter 10 IIRC. auto battle does work for up until about chapter 10ish as well, the real meat of the game tends to be at the 30 hour to 100 hour mark, this game is pretty drawn out and slow paced, which is where people took issue and gave up. they arent willing to invest. auto battle prioritizes weaknesses only after you've scanned a target, and doesnt always choose the best abilities for the situation when it comes to healing priority, buffing, debuffing, or the way you tank.

I was talking about during battles.
Even then auto-battle gets you through everything.
And even if it didn't, Chapter 10 out of 12? That's way too much.
Scanning targets is useless since you fight every enemy in the exact same way.
#75kupo1705Posted 12/19/2012 12:33:49 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
z827 posted...
Oh look the defender is back again tc you are trying to hard why are you wasting everyones time with another topic on this.

The game is bad get over it and move on.

Lulz , TC thinks everyone is an old fogey whom can't accept change.

it seems like it.. i loved ff7 but when are people going to get over it? is that the only rpg that exists in their mind with the final fantasy name?

What makes you think only FFVII fanboys dislike it?

im just pointing out an example. i think ff7 is the best one, but all of the ffs on the ps1 in general. there seems to be a strong amount of players who feel that ff died out once they changed the formula again with 10 and beyond, they yearn for more old school ff and expect all ff games to be like that.

That's not why FFXIII is disliked.
#76monkeypahngPosted 12/19/2012 12:34:59 PM
I accept the change, doesn't change the fact it was a terrible change.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#77Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 12:35:51 PM
From: Retroxgamer0 | Posted: 12/19/2012 11:26:24 AM | #065
ArkonBlade posted...
Change isn't a bad thing and when a game has been doing the same thing for years and years it needs to do some changing. Now if that change makes a suckier game its still a sucky game.

ff13 isnt sucky and the only gripes i have with the first one were fixed in the sequel 13-2. and thats linearity. i agree with the linearity complaints, but ff10 also suffered from the same problem.

Except FFX had an airship that you could go back to pretty much any older area, unlike XIII which made it less linear, plus FFX actually had the map item so you could see the world map, XIII doesn't.

to these people i recommend xiii-2
#78Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 12:37:32 PM
grungastzenki posted...
People who like FF13 is beyond my understanding. Especially if he play older FF games before.

but i very agree with this
the story of ff13 or 13-2 was crap? because i think both were more interesting than the boring political theme of 12, or the love saga of 10.

FF 12 has the worst story of all FF games. As for FF 10 the story is bad but at least the gameplay is still amazing.
Also i still think that FF13 story is boring. i only agree with " more interesting " part

ff12 is the game that 13 followed, so thats why i made the comparison. the story is better, but i can also compare the linearity of 13 to 10 in which case they are equal.
#79pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/19/2012 12:38:21 PM
From: Retroxgamer0 | Posted: 12/19/2012 11:35:51 AM | #077
From: Retroxgamer0 | Posted: 12/19/2012 11:26:24 AM | #065
ArkonBlade posted...
Change isn't a bad thing and when a game has been doing the same thing for years and years it needs to do some changing. Now if that change makes a suckier game its still a sucky game.

ff13 isnt sucky and the only gripes i have with the first one were fixed in the sequel 13-2. and thats linearity. i agree with the linearity complaints, but ff10 also suffered from the same problem.

Except FFX had an airship that you could go back to pretty much any older area, unlike XIII which made it less linear, plus FFX actually had the map item so you could see the world map, XIII doesn't.

to these people i recommend xiii-2

Unfortunately XIII-2 didn't sell well due to XIII bad taste left in peoples mouths.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#80Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 12:38:50 PM
Mellerker38 posted...
I'm very happy that I beaten both FF13 and FF13-2 but I one complaint for each of these two games.Trophies are harder to unlock for each of the games like maxing out roles trophies for FF13 and gett max for all roles in FF13-2.

getting platinum in 13 is really difficult, but for ff13-2 you should be able to get maxed out roles simply by collecting every fragment, since you gain experience for each fragment collected.