This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Favorite Game Franchise of All Time?

#151NeoGrayFAQPosted 12/20/2012 2:46:15 PM
Ninja4H posted...
Metal Gear Solid by far.

---
http://www.backloggery.com/neograyfox
#152Snake5555555555Posted 12/20/2012 2:46:37 PM
Resident Evil
---
Some tigers have a red eye and a blue eye.
Scares of the Year Nominations: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/270-horror/64900301
#153MizunoRyuuPosted 12/20/2012 2:48:49 PM
In terms of consistently good games, I'd have to go with the ever-popular Final Fantasy. My least favourite was probably VIII, and even then I'd rate it a good 7.3/10
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#154Nintendological(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 2:49:22 PM
Nicodimus posted...
Phantasy Star.

Which is a hard camp to be in these days...even though it was different, I liked Online, but Universe was dreadful. I don't understand why they never made a regular Phantasy Star RPG in the last, what, 20 years?

You're telling me. I used to have Phantasy Star IV for the Genesis. That was back when RPGs were unpopular on consoles. I LOVED that game. Then there was a long period of nothing, until Phantasy Star Online came out. Great game to be sure, but it confuses me that SEGA has ignored this franchise in the traditional sense. It would be like Square Enix only making MMO Final Fantasy games instead of a Final Fantasy proper.

With that said, I am really surprised by a lot of the franchises receiving votes. A lot of retro content. It's good to see that there is some proper curation in the video game community. Since games are usually bound to the platform they are developed for, it is sometimes difficult for new players to play vintage/classic titles. So either a lot of old people are coming out of the woodwork, or a lot of you are really thirsty for games and do your homework. Either way, kudos!
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#155Vidius101Posted 12/20/2012 2:54:57 PM
Shining Soul Series
Fromsoft Soul series
Fire Emblem Series
---
Programmed Java, Python, Mat Lab, Project Alice, MS DOS and ADA.
#156roadtosalvationPosted 12/20/2012 2:57:32 PM
I don't really like having a "favorite" franchise. I only tend to like certain parts or eras of franchises, like...

Crash Bandicoot - PS1 Naughty Dog trilogy, that's all
Mega Man - X, Original and Legends only, and then even some of the X games are TERRIBLE
Syphon Filter - PS1 Trilogy only
Wild Arms - the two PS1 games only, magic was sucked out on series on PS2

I could go on but I won't.
#157PururutPosted 12/20/2012 2:59:48 PM
inFamous
#158Charging_ZebraPosted 12/20/2012 3:10:50 PM
Ratchet and Clank.
#159Bleach313Posted 12/20/2012 3:17:54 PM
Tales of
Shin Megami Tensei

I love JRPG's so these 2 are the best I know. I used to like Final Fantasy but ever since FF13-2 and Lightning Returns I just don't care about FF anymore. It's like Square Enix doesn't even care what the fans say anymore and just do what they want now. The only 2 series I know that have never failed me yet was Tales Of and SMT series. They literally stay true to their roots and put their all into their games.
---
Currently Playing: Persona 4 The Golden and Call of Duty Black Ops 2
PSN ID: yooobooyj
#160chaoscontrol325Posted 12/20/2012 3:22:12 PM
Franchise? It's a toss up between Sypro, Ratchet & Clank and Saints Row. Spyro because I grew up with it and I love it, but the recent games make me so sad to see what he has become. R&C because of its amazing universe and continued quality, even though it's been decaying lately. And finally Saints Row for representing what games should be about; dumb, nonsensical and limitless fun and enjoyment.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.