This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Favorite Game Franchise of All Time?

#201Kazuhira07Posted 12/20/2012 5:33:14 PM
jubjub360 posted...
Kazuhira07 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
Kazuhira07 posted...
SolidKnight posted...
Call of Duty -- Probably the best and most innovate game in gaming history. I don't know why anyone plays anything else.

This is sarcasm right??

If you don't understand how it innovated the FPS genre, then yes it is sarcasm.

Are you talking about the franchise that practically releases the same game every year? Yes. VERY Innovative. (mainly Infinity Ward)

He said just looking at a negative. Look at the positives that the first Modern Warfare defined for the FPS genre.

Blind hate makes people realize that some games do innovate.

Fair enough. For the record I actually like the Call of Duty series, but to label it as the most innovative game in history I think is going a bit too far.
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
Currently playing: Persona 4 The Golden
#202CharonDynamiPosted 12/20/2012 5:36:18 PM
Hm that's hard there is so many.

MGS - Between the story and characters it would be great but the gameplay is awesome too.
Suikoden - Despite 4 being boring it was still good and the series as a whole is underrated.
Way of the Samurai - Was my favorite go to game for PS2 when I was bored and wanted a quick distraction and is still a good choice. 4 is also the only game I've ever DLed.
Xenosaga - Re awoke my love for RPGs when I was getting a little burned out.
Parasite Eve - That protagonist mmmmm. And the game was tight favorite games for PS1.
Ace Combat - The last few have been disappoint but the ones for the PS2 especially were awesome.
Armored Core - Customizing giant robots? O yea, and I love how the action has gotten faster while still feeling so familiar.
Jak & Daxter - First game for the PS2 and one I always enjoy.
Demon/Dark Souls - Favorite new series.
LoZ - Yea I know but I got to give a shout out to probably tied with MGS for truly favorite. I think they do need to update the formula a bit and get voice actors, varied gameplay and the like.

I would say AC but since they've made it a yearly thing quality has dropped. I hate yearly released games. If it's ready in a year great. Just wait.
---
The boundlessness of my own stupidity is the greatest lesson I've ever learned.
#203jubjub360Posted 12/20/2012 5:39:20 PM
Fair enough. For the record I actually like the Call of Duty series, but to label it as the most innovative game in history I think is going a bit too far.

Agreed. When someone looks at innovation, they should look at specific games rather than the series as a whole, since it being a whole could mean that it hasn't changed.
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#204Knux58Posted 12/20/2012 5:52:01 PM
SoulCalibur
---
GT/Steam: Knux57 || YouTube/Let's Play Channel: http://www.youtube.com/Knux57
SoulCalibur V Mains: Aeon, Cervantes, Algol, Ezio, Yoshimitsu, Dampierre
#205zyrax2301Posted 12/20/2012 5:59:15 PM
METTUL GEEUUUURRRR

Metal Gear.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#206PsychoWolfXPosted 12/20/2012 5:59:58 PM
Star Fox

Monster Hunter, F.E.A.R, Halo and the other big Nintendo franchises are all pretty close though.
#207kewldude475Posted 12/20/2012 6:03:01 PM
Kingdom Hearts.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 3: FES, Assassin's Creed 2, inFamous
#208Devil875Posted 12/20/2012 6:13:38 PM
Got more than one.

Final Fantasy (not lately though).
Mass Effect.
Demon's/ Dark Souls.
Elder Scrolls.
Gears of War is pretty good too. My favorite shooter.
---
Silver friend code: 3696 2232 7604
White friend code: 1162 9145 3958
#209RevenancedPosted 12/20/2012 6:16:52 PM
Legacy of Kain games are probably amongst my favorite series out there. Combined with Soul Reaver you've got one of the most complicated and coolest story lines out there. Whats funny is that if you just watched all the cut scenes from each game you'd easily by watching for about 2-3 hours.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim (2Handed barb build), Halo 4, WoW Private server (Warsong 12x) - https://www.wow-one.com/
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenanceSLC
#210SolidKnightPosted 12/20/2012 6:56:40 PM(edited)
Kazuhira07 posted...
Are you talking about the franchise that practically releases the same game every year? Yes. VERY Innovative. (mainly Infinity Ward)

Only on the surface is it the same game. The thing is, it's never going to be anything other than a military FPS game because to change that aspect of it would be to destroy what the game is. Complaining that Call of Duty is "the same game" is like complaining that Final Fantasy is always a JRPG.