This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Journey wins GOTY on IGN

#51dj___rollPosted 12/21/2012 10:12:16 PM
Quote:NextGenISbetter posted...
Gaming is in a really bad place when a way overpriced 2 hour walk in the desert is a goty.

sad times for all

So true. I know Journey is a fantastic game for about 2-3 hours. It has a unique vibe to it. It's just sad cause usually IGN chews up games that are really short, but they made an exception for Journey. Why give this game the exception IGN? Less work on their game = game of the year?
Other game studios put tons of work and money into making Halo 4, Guild Wars 2, Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Far Cry 3, and a few others, but Journey beats all? I think IGN has hired too many San Francisco hipsters.

@CaliberChamp
It's called an opinion. Yours is different. Good for you. There's also the massive price difference and the fact that every game you named is a sequel with little variation over its predecessor.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#52Raven_CyarmPosted 12/21/2012 10:12:30 PM
Damn it, I wanted generic military shooter #7623 to win!
---
#AntiSmark
http://www.youtube.com/RavenCyarm
#53Brocken_JrPosted 12/21/2012 10:17:57 PM
JuanZolo posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...
NextGenISbetter posted...
Gaming is in a really bad place when a way overpriced 2 hour walk in the desert is a goty.

sad times for all

yeah, its not even a game, its a f***in dumbass borin piece of s***

What a thought provoking opinion you have! It provokes me to think that your an idiot.

and it provokes me to think you dont know s*** about good games. or any kind of game. provoke.
---
Sonic:"I gotta take a breather! Do you guys mind if i smoke? I'LL GO OUTSIDE!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#54SoleilArclionPosted 12/21/2012 10:20:58 PM
Brocken_Jr posted...
JuanZolo posted...
Brocken_Jr posted...
NextGenISbetter posted...

sad times for all

yeah, its not even a game, its a f***in dumbass borin piece of s***

What a thought provoking opinion you have! It provokes me to think that your an idiot.

and it provokes me to think you dont know s*** about good games. or any kind of game. provoke.

ITT nobody really does.

Games are able of being more than just base gameplay. Journey and Walking Dead are amazing games and breathtaking experiences in an era of stale minds.
#55RollingCradlePosted 12/22/2012 12:06:19 AM
2012 = Year of the screensaver.
#56CapnStankyPosted 12/22/2012 1:05:12 AM
So do we like IGN this week?
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#57fawfulmark2Posted 12/23/2012 5:02:45 PM
wow, going by most people's definition of what qualifies as a game, the entire Adventure game genre would not be allowed for GOTY....and that would just be bulls***.

also at people harping over how a 2-hour game is getting so much praise and is worthy of GOTY-Portal says wazzup.
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#58dj___rollPosted 12/23/2012 5:09:00 PM
Quote:So do we like IGN this week?
@CapnStanky
I don't know, do you? I still don't like ign. But I hate elitist gamers that can't accept that people can have a different opinion.

Is everyone supposed to feel the exact same way about ign? You do realize some people like ign and others don't right? You do realize that this board isn't just one person with a thousand alts right? Because you word your question like you don't understand that simple fact. Or are you not intelligent enough to come up with an argument that you have to resort to blanket stereotyping?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#59mistrfantasyPosted 12/24/2012 9:57:51 PM
2012 was a bad year, which is why journey won. It was all a bunch of sequels that failed to live up to the hype. But, that doesn't make the game any less deserving of this award.
#60Yi LongPosted 12/25/2012 9:21:42 AM
mistrfantasy posted...
2012 was a bad year, which is why journey won. It was all a bunch of sequels that failed to live up to the hype. But, that doesn't make the game any less deserving of this award.

A bad year!? Not for me. Mark of the Ninja, Trials Evolution, Fez, Spelunky, Journey, The Walking Dead, Motorstorm RC were all splendid games, and all very affordable.

Perhaps the full priced retail games were a bit disappointing, but TBH I haven't really played any of them yet, although Xenoblade Chronicles, Far Cry 3, the newest Need for Speed, Dishonored, NBA 2k13, FIFA 13, and a bunch of others have received pretty positive reviews.