This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fact: if you don't think Far Cry 3 is GOTY, then you haven't played it!

#21Godly_GoofPosted 12/22/2012 10:22:12 AM
SolidKnight posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
It was fun but not GotY in the slightest, it just did way too much wrong... Mainly giving you 0 feeling of getting stronger even after 100 friggen levels when the same enemy that could 2 shot you before in your level 1 gear and at level 1 can still 2 shot you 100 levels later and in end game gear >.>

It would break the game if you could level to the point where enemies become insignificant.

THEN WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT OF LEVELING?! THATS THE WHOLE DAMN POINT! SINCE THE FIRST RPG EVER!
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#22JohnHitman47Posted 12/22/2012 10:22:54 AM
Far cry 3 its amazing My GOTY i even platinum the game.
---
Gamefaqs its now J-Faqs, especially the PS3 board.
#23SolidKnightPosted 12/22/2012 10:29:49 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
THEN WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT OF LEVELING?! THATS THE WHOLE DAMN POINT! SINCE THE FIRST RPG EVER!

You do get stronger and you can take a lot more hits. You were being hyperbolic. The difference between 10 VIT and 50 VIT is around 1,000 HP which means several more hits can be taken. The difference between 10 STR and 50 STR on a weapon that scales with STR a doing a lot more damage. There's just no leveling to the point where enemies become complete jokes like in most RPGs. Hell, all you need is +2 longsword to one-hit-kill most enemies in Undead Burg.

Leveling does have a significant impact but it doesn't allow you to become overpowered. It's a hell of a lot better than the traditional method of staying 10 levels ahead and turning the game into an utter joke.
#24carib2g(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 10:32:58 AM
BaseChouGoku posted...
GOTY is probably Sleeping Dogs imo

I can't argue too much with this. Sleeping Dogs is my #2 (barely) this year, though I'm really pleased with the DLC support it's gotten so far!
---
Best of 2012: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png
#25albanianx1Posted 12/22/2012 10:35:15 AM
Except it was already at the top >.>
So that explains why? Do you post in every single topic that's at the top? You're the one posting in a topic you hate and being a complete waste of space.

If you don't like this topic, GTFO.
---
Bayern Munich is the strongest club in the world
PSN: eaglespirit
#26Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 12/22/2012 10:37:29 AM
I think it's a terribly safe, incohesive and designed-by-committee sequel to a game that dared to be different. Yes, Far Cry 2 was anything but perfect, but instead of improving it they made Far Cryrim instead.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#27Dark_SpiretPosted 12/22/2012 10:43:05 AM(edited)
own it. played it. beat it. its not GOTY.

its core gameplay is fun, but its got a lot of issues from a crappy story, annoying side characters, unbalanced xp/skill system. poor exploration, side missions are hit and miss(and have needless padding), the outpost system makes the game boring and in general once you get to the second island and get youre wingsuit youve basically played and experienced everything the game has to offer(by that point i crafted nearly everything, all skills maxed and everything inthe store bought). The rest of it it just a slog to the finish. The coop and multiplayer while not bad do feel half-assed based on what iv played of them. I also had a problem with the menu's. say what you want about FC2, but it did make you feel like you were in that world. I got really annoyed having to constantly open up and pause the game to check on basically everything from notes to crafting tot he make ect. They could of handled that much better.

Of course not to say the game isnt great because it IS, but based on some peoples responses im not seeing the goty here or one of the best this whole gen. its a fun 8/10 game with a few 10/10 experiences wrapped up in too much padding. i feel the game woudl ahve been better overall if they expanded a bit on the first island and cut out everything on the second.
#28kingofall214Posted 12/22/2012 10:42:45 AM
kamikaze135 posted...
After playing the garbage that was Far Cry 2.....I'm a little reluctant to play Far Cry 3.

Pretty much this.
---
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#29carib2g(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 10:42:53 AM
albanianx1 posted...
Except it was already at the top >.>
So that explains why? Do you post in every single topic that's at the top? You're the one posting in a topic you hate and being a complete waste of space.

If you don't like this topic, GTFO.

Well said sir. Well said indeed.
---
Best of 2012: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png
#30Mister_VanillaPosted 12/22/2012 10:44:27 AM
ctrl - F Xcom...
Nothing.

You all suck.

/Xcom is GOTY