This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fact: if you don't think Far Cry 3 is GOTY, then you haven't played it!

#51JartenPosted 12/22/2012 1:55:42 PM
That's not entirely true. some people will not like it because it might not fit their interests. For me personally I haven't played it because I don't have the money for it right now and I have other games on my plate that I'm working on still. So for me I can't really say that it is or that it isn't GOTY material yet. But it does look like an interesting game from what I've seen of it so far.
#52SorvPosted 12/22/2012 2:07:40 PM
To be fair, I'm not at all a shooter fan and usually stick on the (J)RPG spectrum but this game is just awesome all around. It's just fun to play and despite me hating everything else Ubisoft does, I can't deny this is the best game I've played in 2012. The characters and the story are just incredible. Plus, the collectibles and skill system slightly caters to the RPG fan I am. It's just a freaking great game, period.

I was first to be skeptical of the whole "Skyrim with guns" tagline but it really is just enjoyable as hell.
---
---
My page on the best site ever for music freaks: http://rateyourmusic.com/~Razor45
#53MinamoPosted 12/22/2012 2:14:32 PM(edited)
Too easy
Plot sucks
Multiplayer sucks
Runs terribly on consoles
Controls are iffy and mostly non-customizable

I liked it, and gameplay-wise it was better than FC2, but if you think its GOTY then you haven't played very many good games this year. Xenoblade, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Virtue's Last Reward; all better games.
#54OEIO999Posted 12/22/2012 2:12:37 PM
SolidKnight posted...
GOTY should go to Dark Souls. You might say "That was released in 2011" but I'd have to say, it's better than everything released in 2012.

This human, he gets it
#55Auron772Posted 12/22/2012 2:14:46 PM
I just finished it up about 10 minutes ago and it really is a fantastic game, much better than the disappointment that was Far Cry 2, but Mass Effect 3 is still my GOTY.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#56ill-thoughtsPosted 12/22/2012 2:16:07 PM
imo, FC2 is a better game...but since everything SUCKEDD this year, FC3 is definitely GOTY POH MY GOD, TEH OPENNESS.
---
mighty are they in the forbidden knowledge.
#57JuanZoloPosted 12/22/2012 2:24:46 PM
Godly_Goof posted...
SolidKnight posted...
GOTY should go to Dark Souls. You might say "That was released in 2011" but I'd have to say, it's better than everything released in 2012.

..... No, having played the ever loving crap out of DS and even able to eventually 1 hour speed run the stupid thing, it wasnt GotY even when it came out :/ it was just a somewhat hard game that made combat into a monotonous *read pattern, analyze, counter* game :/

It was fun but not GotY in the slightest, it just did way too much wrong... Mainly giving you 0 feeling of getting stronger even after 100 friggen levels when the same enemy that could 2 shot you before in your level 1 gear and at level 1 can still 2 shot you 100 levels later and in end game gear >.>

You can beat dark souls in an hour? BULLS***!
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#58RollingCradlePosted 12/22/2012 2:33:12 PM
FC3 is definitely fun as all hell, and I usually hate open word games.
#59edwinhaiPosted 12/22/2012 2:46:45 PM
the online is fun and all but the servers are really bad to be honest i've seen alot of laging and guys bouncing up and down
---
quack quack quack ~ the evil duck wizzard
#60brolynickPosted 12/22/2012 4:36:56 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
After playing the garbage that was Far Cry 2.....I'm a little reluctant to play Far Cry 3.

I felt the same way. Far Cry 2 was horrible, but everyone said Far Cry 3 is great so I bought it. And I am not disappointed at all. Unlike FC2 the driving isn't boring, and the gameplay is great. Also, the story is awesome. Some of the best characters and voice acting I've ever seen in a game.

Definitely GOTY.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.