This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fact: if you don't think Far Cry 3 is GOTY, then you haven't played it!

#61jubjub360Posted 12/22/2012 4:44:07 PM
JuanZolo posted...
Godly_Goof posted...
SolidKnight posted...
GOTY should go to Dark Souls. You might say "That was released in 2011" but I'd have to say, it's better than everything released in 2012.

..... No, having played the ever loving crap out of DS and even able to eventually 1 hour speed run the stupid thing, it wasnt GotY even when it came out :/ it was just a somewhat hard game that made combat into a monotonous *read pattern, analyze, counter* game :/

It was fun but not GotY in the slightest, it just did way too much wrong... Mainly giving you 0 feeling of getting stronger even after 100 friggen levels when the same enemy that could 2 shot you before in your level 1 gear and at level 1 can still 2 shot you 100 levels later and in end game gear >.>

You can beat dark souls in an hour? BULLS***!

This. Go record it and put it on youtube.
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#62ShadowSkill11Posted 12/22/2012 6:14:34 PM
I like FarCry 3 a lot but unfortunately for it XCom: Enemy Unknown and Persona 4: The Golden came out this year as well.
#63third_eye_zero0Posted 12/22/2012 7:21:31 PM
I agree with TC.
#64zUkUuPosted 12/22/2012 7:49:03 PM
game was very disappointing to me. maybe my expectations were too high.

interesting characters, good story, non scripted, open world approach, rpg traits etc - everything went pretty quick downhill after a few hours.
the story and characters became so bad I had to stop playing the game entirely. seriously, who thought "buck" was a good written character and that story segment added anything to the story?

verdict: good ideas, but terrible executed.
#65zUkUuPosted 12/22/2012 7:49:51 PM
and btw, with the frampt glitch you can beat dark souls in under 30 minutes.
#66JuanZoloPosted 12/22/2012 8:00:28 PM
zUkUu posted...

Feel free to disagree, but I feel that exploiting a glitch to unfairly speed through a game does not qualify as "beating" a game.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#67zUkUuPosted 12/22/2012 8:31:24 PM
JuanZolo posted...
zUkUu posted...

Feel free to disagree, but I feel that exploiting a glitch to unfairly speed through a game does not qualify as "beating" a game.

I do. at least in this degree. just want to deny the statement that it's "not possible" to finish it in under an hour.
#68king_maddenPosted 12/23/2012 3:02:19 AM
zUkUu posted...
JuanZolo posted...
zUkUu posted...

I do. at least in this degree. just want to deny the statement that it's "not possible" to finish it in under an hour.

thats like saying "yea I can win a marathon in under 45 mins.......if i cheat, so yea it is possible to race it in less than 2 hours easily".

if you do something the way its meant to be played "fairly", its not possible. saying "well yea if you cheat you can", doesnt validate it.
#69FiendingHardPosted 12/23/2012 3:39:20 AM(edited)
BaseChouGoku posted...
Mister_Vanilla posted...
ctrl - F Xcom...
Nothing.

You all suck.

/Xcom is GOTY

XCom is horribly boring

Valkyria Chronicles and Resonance of Fate did strategy shooting better

shooting? lol nice fail.

On-topic: My GotY is tied between Dishonored and XCOM. Far Cry 3 is great though, one of the best games released this year and definitely in my top 5.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Far Cry 3, NFS Most Wanted, ZoE HD Collection, Final Fantasy 9.
#70zUkUuPosted 12/23/2012 5:46:24 AM
king_madden posted...
zUkUu posted...
JuanZolo posted...
zUkUu posted...

thats like saying "yea I can win a marathon in under 45 mins.......if i cheat, so yea it is possible to race it in less than 2 hours easily".

if you do something the way its meant to be played "fairly", its not possible. saying "well yea if you cheat you can", doesnt validate it.

it is possible within the game without using any sort of cheats, external devices or whatsoever. I wouldn't count it as official speed run either, but it's still possible to "finish" the game in under 30 minutes. glitch or not.