This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you still avoid buying western games?

#111justchill433Posted 12/23/2012 6:59:21 PM
Lol at this topic. Sorry TC but you just have bad taste.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#112grungastzenkiPosted 12/23/2012 7:03:40 PM
Fact :Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber can't sing
---
I am an epic junkie
#113Cole_The_BeastPosted 12/23/2012 7:04:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#114OmegaDL50Posted 12/23/2012 7:11:48 PM
Is it ironic to state that this topic is being posted on a board of a Japanese game console, I figure I'd address the point.

If people make such a huge deal about where their gaming comes from, would most likely not own a Japanese console in the first place just by it's association of being a Japanese product. I digress some people are ignorant hypocrites.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#115meteor9898Posted 12/23/2012 7:25:44 PM(edited)
"Still"? Is this something that people actually did? This is just as annoying as Japan bashing.

To add, just until a few years ago my game collection was primarily of the japanese variety, mostly RPGs. But since good JRPGs come once in a blue moon nowadays and what used to be big name companies like SE can't release a good game to save their lives I've since moved on to Western RPGs, which are coincidentally on the rise. So no, I don't have any "allegiance" to one region, and to do so is just stupid. I go where the good games are, and sadly, at least to me, the Land of The Rising Sun's have since dipped behind the horizon.
#116Ghetto_ninjaPosted 12/23/2012 7:13:35 PM
I'm not really into cowboys and stuff.
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!
#117hijokaidenPosted 12/23/2012 7:31:47 PM(edited)
656stooge posted...
Shineboxer posted...
I avoid most eastern games like the plaque.

You seat yourself on a throne surround by a ring of fire that's kept alight 24/7 in an attempt to ward of Japanese media?

What japanese media? In 2012 and 2013 what japanese games have and will make coverage? Resident Evil 6 in 2012 and Metal Gear Rising Reveangence in 2013 two big games in two years, face it Japan and japanese games arent relevant.

What interesting or great games did Japan release this year? Lolipop Chainsaw? Asuras Wrath? Lolipop Chainsaw is extremely average and bland just like Shadows of the Damned, Asuras Wrath is good for what it is but barely has any gameplay, its more like a movie really and beside it didnt sell very well.

Barely any japanese games released in 2012 and close to no Japanese games in upcoming realese date list of 2013.

What japanese games are coming out on the Wii U? Bayonetta 2... For a japanese console, it has close to no japanese games. So far it has what? Ninja Gaiden 3 and one of those budget warriors games from Koei.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#118ZephyriuumPosted 12/23/2012 7:31:55 PM
toadieman posted...
I buy whatever looks like it will be good.

---
Remember dearie, "All magic comes with a price"
#119hijokaidenPosted 12/23/2012 7:39:46 PM
Auron772 posted...
Hell no. Western games are, for the most part, much better than what Japan has been churning out for the past 5+ years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLiKQ8JESRU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab4wNCCf5rc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qZK0P__1kI
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#120numba1_gamerPosted 12/23/2012 9:26:12 PM
Western developers cant make a good rpg or fighter in my opinion. It all comes down to preference in genre because each has different strengths when it comes to genres.
---
FC: 3309 0791 3626