This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you still avoid buying western games?

#41BluntGruntPosted 12/23/2012 2:18:39 PM
I avoid buying bad games. I couldn't care less about where they were made.
---
?????
#42MoegittoPosted 12/23/2012 2:20:07 PM
BluntGrunt posted...
I avoid buying bad games. I couldn't care less about where they were made.

Smartest, well thought out reply a gamer could make. And I agree, doesn't matter where the game was made as long as it is a good game.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#43SolidKnightPosted 12/23/2012 2:26:37 PM
Japan is full of cliches, triteness, rehashing, and shovelware just like everyone else.
#44gamestop27Posted 12/23/2012 2:32:53 PM
At first I would buy them to check out the hype only to have my suspicions that they just look good and play bad confirmed. The only western games in my collection are Killzone 3, the Spyro and Tomb Raider Trilogies, the rest are from Japanese developers.
---
A birther, a creationist, an anti-vaxxer, and a conspiracy theorist walk into a bar. They are the same person.
#45cavebear56Posted 12/23/2012 2:38:25 PM
RioichiCooper posted...
cavebear56 posted...
East, West, I'm the guy with the games.

Nice reference.

haha thanks!

Just glad at least one other person got it.

XD
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#46KmegaPosted 12/23/2012 2:46:22 PM
Wendy: East side, west side Whatever side that you're on

Bebe: As long as we care about each other We can still have some fun
#47z827Posted 12/23/2012 2:53:57 PM
Who the Hell evades a Western game?
A good game is a good game , West , North , East , South or smack in the center.
The only games you should avoid are the bad ones.
---
Char Aznable : "A Mobile Suit's performance does not decide a battle's outcome!"
#48ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/23/2012 2:56:52 PM
Hwoarang X posted...
I typically buy Japanese games, but I have a couple western titles like Demon's Souls as well.

Wtf am I reading?
#49poolmav2007Posted 12/23/2012 2:59:21 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
judging any game before you play it no matter where it from is down right moronic....

Although anybody who doesn't judge or sum up a game before purchasing doesn't know video games very well. I can look at a game and tell if it may be worth purchasing it.

Now, I can't tell you how good or bad the game will be, but many times reading the back will give me enough information to make a judgement on purchases. I'm not saying I'm never wrong, but I'm right much more times than not. Of course, I don't care if a game is Western or Japanese.

Everybody should know what they like and don't like. And Japanese and Western games each have their own style. It's like telling someone who doesn't enjoy comedies that Scary Movie is a good movie. Does it matter if that person doesn't care for that type of movie.

The line between Japanese and Western games are blurring as the industry continues to grow. I've seen many Western games with Japanese concepts in gameplay and vis versa. I haven't seen the same thing with the art style and graphics as much.
---
---
Cheers! Arc the Lad 2 is still my No. 1.
#50zyrax2301Posted 12/23/2012 3:01:20 PM
wtf is this topic

"Still"? When did anyone ever avoid buying western games, assuming they aren't an unreasonably biased idiot?
---
Why? Because **** you is why.