This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you still avoid buying western games?

#71grungastzenkiPosted 12/23/2012 5:06:07 PM
Overall yes. Unless some of the w games that has amazing boss fight and epic battle, for example God of War.

many W games is lame and boring and can't even beat megaman nes boss battle
Megaman Nes boss battle > many of w games boss battle
Lame boss battle = No epic battle = No dramatic battle = lame and boring
#72El_ZaggyPosted 12/23/2012 5:08:11 PM
wstfld posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
El_Zaggy posted...
Western games got the upper hand this gen. In fact they crushed japanese games in terms of quality.

I dont avoid buying a game knowing where it was developped. Except for jrpgs... which are now very bad.

Might wanna get your facts straight if you want to present something as a fact.

I think people are not stupid and they are able to do their research themselves about the best reviewed games of this gen and the best selling games of this gen.

google is there.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/25-best-ps3-games

But the fact that the 1st japanese game in on spot 10 says a lot.

If you read a lot of reviews you're a sheep, DERP!

Thgen lets look at the sales

http://www.statisticbrain.com/playstation-3-best-selling-game-statistics/

I did not research everyone of them what were developped where but i did count very fast that on the top 50 list of best selling ps3, 31 were western.

Now this doesnt includee the ones that were published by japanese publisher but developped but american devs (except for uncharted)

so yea ....

metacritic and sales confirms it.

now what do you need more.
#73Taurus910Posted 12/23/2012 5:13:50 PM
cavebear56 posted...
East, West, I'm the guy with the games.

---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible.
I can't barrel roll away from who I am...
#74Yi LongPosted 12/23/2012 5:18:04 PM
I'm open to all kinds/types of entertainment, regardless of it's origin.

Why close off a large amount of quality releases, be it movies, tv-shows, games, comics, or whatever, just because you have some narrow-minded pre-judgement about them!?

Seems kinda stupid if you ask me.
#75sortajanPosted 12/23/2012 5:22:29 PM
poland and sweden make the best games, fact.
#76Yi LongPosted 12/23/2012 5:26:50 PM
sortajan posted...
poland and sweden make the best games, fact.

ilomilo was great indeed.
#77servb0tsPosted 12/23/2012 5:29:01 PM
No.I only buy games I'm interested in regardless of regions.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#78thisranksPosted 12/23/2012 5:32:36 PM
BeautyAndABeat posted...
Horrible choice of poll options. Well, the last one because it sounds racist.

That's about as surprising as people who reference other posters while not having the balls to mention who they are referencing. Then again, since the topic and poll are geared to the regionally challenged i'm guessing it must be the usual lame sarcasm befitting the ignorant and biased.

Ah well. Such is expected from those who use anonymity and the ability to say pretty much whatever they want AND know they can get away with it.

The best part of this is how many people bash developers for pushing the games they think will sell by pushing the envelope while they push the envelope on game forums. It's always best when hypocrites like the regionally challenged freely identify themselves even if they get away with it.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#79melbye80Posted 12/23/2012 5:40:03 PM
Considering that besides Nintendo eastern developers have pretty much sucked this generation of course i haven't avoided western developers
#80sushiplazaPosted 12/23/2012 5:40:35 PM
I don't really care about the setting/genre or where it's made as long as the game delivers to what I've paid for =)
---
"Say fuzzy pickles!"
Currently Playing: TALES OF XILLIA 2, NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA, MS EXTREME VS. and NI NU KUNI