This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you still avoid buying western games?

#81mrjoe_94Posted 12/23/2012 5:45:14 PM
Not at all, Red Dead Redemption is a fantastic game! ......oh, sorry misread the title. No, I haven't. If anything they're a majority of my collection.
---
---
PSN: Mrjoe1994
#82Auron772Posted 12/23/2012 5:45:40 PM
Hell no. Western games are, for the most part, much better than what Japan has been churning out for the past 5+ years. It's sad when looking at my older library of games and seeing 80% of them being from Japan but now it's the complete opposite.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#83IAmMC2Posted 12/23/2012 5:49:12 PM
Most of my favorite non fighting games are Western. Japan can call me when they are capable of putting out a game that isn't a buggy letdown or some worthless moe cellphone game that nobody will buy.
---
Rage kicked by DarkfflareEX in P4A for beating his ass. Like a bawse.
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#84shinrugalPosted 12/23/2012 5:50:32 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
judging any game before you play it no matter where it from is down right moronic....

---
Yay new PC!!!!!!
#85ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/23/2012 5:51:17 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
El_Zaggy posted...
Western games got the upper hand this gen. In fact they crushed japanese games in terms of quality.

I dont avoid buying a game knowing where it was developped. Except for jrpgs... which are now very bad.

Might wanna get your facts straight if you want to present something as a fact.

I think people are not stupid and they are able to do their research themselves about the best reviewed games of this gen and the best selling games of this gen.

google is there.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/25-best-ps3-games

But the fact that the 1st japanese game in on spot 10 says a lot.

Yes, because sales/review scores equal quality.

Apparently Lady Gaga and Bieber are good singers.
#86RPG maniac87Posted 12/23/2012 5:51:37 PM
Just the RPGs, and I still rent those in case they ever improve.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#87sllp3030Posted 12/23/2012 5:54:01 PM
wstfld posted...
Enough with the weeabos already.

Enough with the Westernization already
#88Junpei_StupeiPosted 12/23/2012 5:55:59 PM
YES to the MAX!

I feel exactly the same way as you do, TC.

Eventhough I am renting some right now with the rental service known as PS+, that doesn't count as "buying" right? Right?

I want to help in healing the wounds of the videogame industry by not buying Western games.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#89Seifer_usPosted 12/23/2012 6:13:10 PM
I buy western games that are colorful or have unique ideas - mostly indie games. Mainstream western games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto don't interest me at all though. I can't even get into the Arkham games; and I freakin' LOVE Batman.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#90El_ZaggyPosted 12/23/2012 6:15:34 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
El_Zaggy posted...
Western games got the upper hand this gen. In fact they crushed japanese games in terms of quality.

I dont avoid buying a game knowing where it was developped. Except for jrpgs... which are now very bad.

Might wanna get your facts straight if you want to present something as a fact.

I think people are not stupid and they are able to do their research themselves about the best reviewed games of this gen and the best selling games of this gen.

google is there.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/25-best-ps3-games

But the fact that the 1st japanese game in on spot 10 says a lot.

Yes, because sales/review scores equal quality.

Apparently Lady Gaga and Bieber are good singers.

lof course when someone points out facts and that those facts doesnt reflect the beleif of someone, people use a psychological mechanism with simple reasoning just the reassure themselves that they are right.

but yea.. awkward reasoning there.