This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Face it, there will never ben another console RPG as revolutionary as FF7

#11Nightmare637Posted 12/25/2012 12:39:19 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12jubjub360Posted 12/25/2012 12:39:23 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
I think FF7, 8, and 10 are all about the best FFs. Auron's theme alone puts FF10 in the amazing category.

You know what's funny? In FFX, if Auron was about to die, players would go into this blind rage of trying to save him and I think I know why. If Auron dies in a fight, you are F***!
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#13Stanger5150Posted 12/25/2012 12:40:42 AM
jubjub360 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
Nightmare637 posted...
opinions are opinions, none ar right and none ar wrong.

I don't agree with you, In my own opinion.

I played it for the first time in 2010. It is now my fourth favorite game if all time... How is that nostalgia.

Next time you think you know the reasons other gamers like what they like, save some time by posting "I don't know s*** about s***" so we can get to the point faster.

Do you ever quote and respond back with anything coherently related to what you quote?

Was an accident. I quoted Nightmare instead of boofie. I fixed it. As for the other thread, I'm just trolling DigitalPixelBit
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#14Stanger5150Posted 12/25/2012 12:41:30 AM
Nightmare637 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
Nightmare637 posted...

I played it for the first time in 2010. It is now my fourth favorite game of all time... How is that nostalgia.

Next time you think you know the reasons other gamers like what they like, save some time by posting "I don't know s*** about s***" so we can get to the point faster.

what? I diden't say anything about nostalgia just that I diden't agree.

I'm sorry. Quoted the wrong one. I fixed it
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#15jubjub360Posted 12/25/2012 12:41:35 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
jubjub360 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
Nightmare637 posted...

I played it for the first time in 2010. It is now my fourth favorite game if all time... How is that nostalgia.

Do you ever quote and respond back with anything coherently related to what you quote?

Was an accident. I quoted Nightmare instead of boofie. I fixed it. As for the other thread, I'm just trolling DigitalPixelBit

Ok... I swear man, you were f***ing with my head there.
---
Wanna see a professional spinner?http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64907080 look at zuuku specifically!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#16warner1Posted 12/25/2012 12:46:26 AM
This is the game that hooked me on gaming. I played Super Nintendo before, but FFVII was the game I got with my playstation and I loved every minute of it.
#17gilv3rPosted 12/25/2012 12:49:53 AM
Why pick the average FF game? Why not pick the best?
---
i7 2600k : 8GB G. Skill Ripjaws : 7870 Hawk : 1TB WDCB : 64gig M4 Crucial : 256gig OCZ Vertex 4
#18boofiePosted 12/25/2012 12:52:05 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
boofie posted...
Nostalgia conquers all.

I played it for the first time in 2010. It is now my fourth favorite game of all time... How is that nostalgia.

I wasn't talking about everyone elses reason for loving FF7 so much. Nice reaction though.
#19TehTrumpCardPosted 12/25/2012 12:53:52 AM
>Hasn't played a SMT/Persona game
>Thinks FF7 was the last revolutionary JRPG

Lulz
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#20n0matter(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 1:00:14 AM
Because, when people talk about Final Fantasy in general, they have fond memories of various iterations. When I was in high school, for example, FF3 (stateside) was my absolute favorite of the series. But I evolved as the series did until FF7, when it simply ceased to improve upon itself. At that point I said to myself "This game is one of the greatest I will ever play". Not because I had to but simply because it deserved the praise. I said this many times throughout the course of the game. I had never experienced a sense of true emotional response to a video game other than frustration until the Aerith's death scene. And I had never known that RPGs could be more than one dimensional products on consoles until this game.

It's the only game I've ever played that embodies morality, theology and psychology the way that this game does. Everything from Cloud's identity crisis to the love triangle between cloud, Aerith and Tifa to the struggle between sense of self-preservation versus acting on behalf of humanity and, to a greater extent, religious versus scientific faith. It hasn't been portrayed that well in the gaming world since FF7.

And how many villians still rank among the best if not THE best 25 years after their inception? Can you name any other than Sephiroth?
---
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon