This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Face it, there will never ben another console RPG as revolutionary as FF7

#161StealthlysPosted 12/25/2012 12:10:05 PM
If anything, the saturn, and dreamcast are revolutionary.
#162StealthlysPosted 12/25/2012 12:11:12 PM
TimeOfTheDark posted...
Skyrim was more revolutionary. EVERYONE who was anyone was playing Skyrim, and it had that kind of water cooler feel where you could talk about it with friends and co workers for months. You JR[PG kids don't talk about what games you play because other people would think of you as weirdo outcasts.

Nope, tes fanboy would argue that morrowind is more revolutionary.
#163ADHDguitarPosted 12/25/2012 12:19:20 PM
TimeOfTheDark posted...
Skyrim was more revolutionary. EVERYONE who was anyone was playing Skyrim, and it had that kind of water cooler feel where you could talk about it with friends and co workers for months. You JR[PG kids don't talk about what games you play because other people would think of you as weirdo outcasts.

>Skryim
>Revolutionary

lolno

Skyrim was simply good at what it did, which was allow you to enjoy exploring the world. It's hardly revolutionary.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#164sushiplazaPosted 12/25/2012 12:22:52 PM
I don't certainly agree that FF7 is revolutionary because of being the first 3d console RPG (or one of the first) and nostalgia.
FF7 is just another FF that has the same mechanics that the previous installment had and added a few to make it fresh.

For me FF7 is the one to blame for everything that JRPGs experiencing nowadays.

All we get is a cut and paste story, overrated orchestrated music, cliche characters, and such.

I hope that some of us realize that there other rpg gems to consider and must be revived so that people will somehow regret saying that FF7 is revolutionary, such as Guardian's Crusade, Thousand Arms, Mother, Suikoden etc.

I am not a FF7 hater nor lover since I didn't play that when I was a kid.

Every one has an opinion and should not be bashed but be respected.
---
"Say fuzzy pickles!"
Currently Playing: TALES OF XILLIA 2, NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA, MS EXTREME VS. and NI NU KUNI
#165StealthlysPosted 12/25/2012 12:24:21 PM
Grandia>FF7 anyday.
#166TimeOfTheDarkPosted 12/25/2012 12:24:41 PM
Skyrim's size of the world combined with those graphics was revolutionary. The sheer amount of quests was. The immersion was amazing, and the choices were endless. You could take 6 people playing it, and after a week, they would have all done things different than the others and been to places others hadn;t seen yet.

The sales were revolutionary for an RPG.

FFVII didn't do anything revolutionary. Turn based same old same old combat.
Boring and crap story and characters.
#167iRawrHardcorePosted 12/25/2012 12:30:50 PM
Revolutionary, there probably won't be. What lots of people don't seem to understand is that revolutionary and good are two different things.

Lots of people claim that the game is overrated or just plain bad, but choose to ignore what it did for the industry. It did indeed revolutionize the RPG genre.

Personally, it's my favorite FF, and that's for more than one reason. Whether you like the game or not, it's idiotic to say it wasn't revolutionary. That's just being blind.

tl;dr, I agree with TC.

Also, inb4youstupidfanboy
#168StealthlysPosted 12/25/2012 12:34:05 PM
FF7's good things: Extremely good soundtrack, Emo **** face MC. Other than that I personally feel ff6 is the best. I like ff4 as well.
#169OrangeSchweesePosted 12/25/2012 12:36:36 PM
The only revolutionary thing about FF7 was the CGI implementation.
#170SandOnMyBootPosted 12/25/2012 12:38:38 PM
So many people in this thread seem to think that "popular" or "successful" equates to "revolutionary."

I did my research. I found that FF7 was not the first game (or RPG for that matter) to do any of things it gets credit for introducing or improving or whatever.

I could concede that it was revolutionary from a marketing standpoint, but that's not a quality of the game itself. It was a mediocre game that was aggressively marketed to a mostly-untapped audience, and so many people bought into it.