This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Face it, there will never ben another console RPG as revolutionary as FF7

#181UnderratedGamerPosted 12/25/2012 2:12:57 PM
So what is your point? Are you another ridiculous fanboy that claims it to be the best game ever?

Revolutionary =/= Best game ever
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#182Vs1991Posted 12/25/2012 2:15:00 PM
lol push hardware to it's limits...

look at ff8 and 9. they look way better.
#183kirusuPosted 12/25/2012 2:23:12 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
I love FF7 as much as the next guy, but praising it for it's story is laughable.

The only real interesting thing is the truth about "Cloud." Other than that, cliche after cliche and the villain is meh. Don't get me wrong, Sephrioth is freaking awesome, but he doesn't do ANYTHING throughout the events of FF7.

The one thing people give him credit for, wasn't even him in the first place. XD hahahahahahahah

exactly. many other villians did more than sephiroth. even the one who created him caused more of a uprising in his death. the *REAL* enemy in ff7 is jenova, and the shinra company who somehow became good later on in the series. hah. sephiroth did nothing to the past final fantasy villians. the only thing people notice him for is his long hair and that long sword. as well as the fangirls of course. many other final fantasy villians did such more. and i do mean much more. everything sephiroth did in ff7 was pratically just, nothing life threatning or great. exactly what do you guys see in sephiroth because this is all i see in him.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIWwSPavmlM
#184El Mexicano TexanoPosted 12/25/2012 2:38:19 PM
Chrono trigger was much better
---
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn255/5EMTwE/GFaqs/Houston.jpg
#185G-NsericoPosted 12/25/2012 2:39:15 PM
Nah, too me , FFVII is a fairly generic JRPG with a good plot and interesting characters. Still, it is one of the most popular JRPGs of history and one of my personal favorites.

If we talk about revolution, I would say Valkyrie Profile fits more in that term. A profound story, developed through the chain of small individual stories, each very interesting, and also a dynamic and fun battle system. Beautiful graphics and art style. The first time I played this game I was amazed.
#186GravitycrasherPosted 12/25/2012 2:45:01 PM
Shadow Hearts: Covenant. That is all.
---
Up to 63 thread-killing comments and counting...
#187xNewAgeWarriorxPosted 12/25/2012 2:48:19 PM
I didn't think it was all that great.
---
We used to be the wealthy elite until the "articulate dialog" tax.Now we can't afford stones for stone soup.
#188xHuckleberryPosted 12/25/2012 2:55:04 PM
Gravitycrasher posted...
Shadow Hearts: Covenant. That is all.

Jumping ahead a little.

El Mexicano Texano posted...
Chrono trigger was much better

Tenfold.

OrangeSchweese posted...
SandOnMyBoot posted...
It was a mediocre game that was aggressively marketed to a mostly-untapped audience, and so many people bought into it.

You sound like someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

No, hes actually fairly on point.
#189ryudin89Posted 12/25/2012 2:58:12 PM
OrangeSchweese posted...
SandOnMyBoot posted...
It was a mediocre game that was aggressively marketed to a mostly-untapped audience, and so many people bought into it.

You sound like someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Except he's completely right.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#190carsaucePosted 12/25/2012 2:59:02 PM
Lol FF7, now before i start this let me say that yes FF7 is a *good* jrpg for sure. But a really cookie cutter one at that. I played it, enjoyed it but it didn't do anything new for me really. I did play alot of rpg's/ jrpgs before it though and alot of those games already did what ff7 did only imo way better, i'll give some examples. Also FF7 revolutionary..no just no.
Anyway, here is some stuff i find revolutionary, most are on the SNES for crying out loud.

Secret of mana SNES
First 25 hour+ action rpg with co-op up to three players. Great story characters, plenty weapons ,upgrades, magics, etc. Revolutionary, heck yea,

Chrono trigger SNES
Need i explain?

Terranigma SNES
20 hour action rpg about a guy who sets out to revive the surface world. Revive plants, animals, birds , humans, etc and see actual effects of your actions. Epic touching story. besides a great story has world /sim building elements and is sure to make you think about certain things in the world.Revolutionary, heck yea,

Grandia PS
Rpg with imo and in the eyes of many one of the best, if not the best turn based combat systems of all time. Perfect bland of strategy, action, timing in a combat system.
Revolutionary battle system? heck yea,

You know what i'm done. I can shake a dozen more out of my sleeve but i am not gonna bother. Your opinion man, i just think its a funny one at that.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like you bro, you actually mention Terranigma!
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous