This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Face it, there will never ben another console RPG as revolutionary as FF7

#21RomangeloPosted 12/25/2012 12:01:16 AM
Persona sucks!!

jRPG that take place at the school in Japan LOL so lame.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#22Stanger5150Posted 12/25/2012 12:08:31 AM
boofie posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
boofie posted...
Nostalgia conquers all.

I played it for the first time in 2010. It is now my fourth favorite game of all time... How is that nostalgia.

Next time you think you know the reasons other gamers like what they like, save some time by posting "I don't know s*** about s***" so we can get to the point faster.

I wasn't talking about everyone elses reason for loving FF7 so much. Nice reaction though.

But you think you have the right to determine TC's reason though, right?
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#23BluePuniGodPosted 12/25/2012 12:09:49 AM
Dear god. When will people ever stop talking about FF7? They have been talking about it on GF since its first release.
#24Stanger5150Posted 12/25/2012 12:12:09 AM
BluePuniGod posted...
Dear god. When will people ever stop talking about FF7? They have been talking about it on GF since its first release.

So you came into a Final Fantasy VII topic, to b**** about people talking about Final Fantasy VII... meaning you are also talking about Final Fantasy VII?
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#25HomerSimpson89Posted 12/25/2012 12:12:52 AM
Mass effect?
#26boofiePosted 12/25/2012 12:14:24 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
boofie posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
boofie posted...
Nostalgia conquers all.

I played it for the first time in 2010. It is now my fourth favorite game of all time... How is that nostalgia.

Next time you think you know the reasons other gamers like what they like, save some time by posting "I don't know s*** about s***" so we can get to the point faster.

I wasn't talking about everyone elses reason for loving FF7 so much. Nice reaction though.

But you think you have the right to determine TC's reason though, right?

No I don't pretend to know TC's reasons. I'm not here trying to push my experience with FF7 onto anyone else.
#27Evil_GogetaPosted 12/25/2012 12:14:54 AM
Romangelo posted...
Persona sucks!!

jRPG that take place at the school in Japan LOL so lame.

and you sir are 10 years old.

On topic: loads of revolutionary RPG's came after 7 and if we are talking only about FF, 9 was very revolutionary!
---
PSN: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#28dj___rollPosted 12/25/2012 12:15:25 AM
Quote: boofie posted...
Nostalgia conquers all.

@Stanger5150
TC is acting like he knows why people don't like RPGs and goes some lame, cliched excuse for it. Don't see you calling him out. I'm guessing you like RPGs.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#29BluePuniGodPosted 12/25/2012 12:16:41 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
BluePuniGod posted...

So you came into a Final Fantasy VII topic, to b**** about people talking about Final Fantasy VII... meaning you are also talking about Final Fantasy VII?

Hat's off to you, sir. You must be so proud. I'll just shut up and watch people start at least 10 threads about FF7 daily.
#30n0matter(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 12:21:53 AM
TC is acting like he knows why people don't like RPGs and goes some lame, cliched excuse for it. Don't see you calling him out. I'm guessing you like RPGs.

The lack of good JRPGs is a regular topic of discussion on these boards. All of the reasons generally given for the decline of this particular genre are a lack of gameplay type last experienced to it's greatest degree in FF7. A gimmick "shoot yourself in the head" mechanic doesn't make for a great game. Innovative, perhaps. But even die-hard Persona fans will agree that the "let's be odd for the sake of being odd" bit is getting old.
---
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon