This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Face it, there will never ben another console RPG as revolutionary as FF7

#201AgitoXIIIPosted 12/25/2012 4:26:39 PM
Stealthlys posted...
AgitoXIII posted...
Face it, there will always be fanboyish fanboys who sleep with a copy of FFVII in their bed everyday that will continue to believe that even in the next 1000 years NOTHING will ever top there nostagic, idiotic, moronic, odd love of a game that has as many fanboys as grains of sand in the middle east.

Shut the hell up OP.

Final Fantasy has fanboys.
Final Fantasy 7 has its own fanboys.

i'd agree with that
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
#202RollingCradlePosted 12/25/2012 4:33:02 PM
TC also thinks OOT is the best game in history.
#203kirusuPosted 12/25/2012 5:01:24 PM
RollingCradle posted...

dont get me started on how boring this gets after you complete this game pratically more than 10 times doing everything you possible could. just yesterday i went to the final boss and didnt even care that i died
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIWwSPavmlM
#204Oni_TaedoPosted 12/25/2012 5:04:15 PM
Except VI is a much better made game, with a better written story, and a more diverse cast.
It had better music, and much better graphics too.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#205Oni_TaedoPosted 12/25/2012 5:07:34 PM
kirusu posted...
RollingCradle posted...

dont get me started on how boring this gets after you complete this game pratically more than 10 times doing everything you possible could. just yesterday i went to the final boss and didnt even care that i died

Then you realize you beat it 10 times, that's not something you do with a mediocre game like FF7 or Goldeneye.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#206dano1126Posted 12/25/2012 5:09:26 PM
Ya know, I loved vii when it came out, It was my first game for ps1, I never thought I would like another ff ever after that. My fiancée who is younger than me always bragged that ix was her all time favorite game, at that time I never played it or viii, so I wasn't too persuaded to give it a try. A year or so later I tried it and fell in love with it, even more so than vii. I'm so glad I played it, which has been damn near a dozen times. It brought me back to the days of snes ff and it is my favorite now. Still love vii but never tried viii.
---
Living the dream!
PSN:dano1126
#207YoungGganonPosted 12/25/2012 5:10:40 PM
Your terrible grammar and spelling kind of ruins whatever you have to say about it. The story wasn't as supreme as you claim and neither were the characters. Yeah, it was a great game and a great Final Fantasy but to call it the pinnacle of role playing games is a stretch. It's combat wasn't revolutionary, neither were the characters, story, themes, villains, etc. It's all been used before, I hate to burst your bubble but it's the same crap XIII fanboys are throwing around.
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#208GoatJugSoupPosted 12/25/2012 5:13:12 PM
Never is a real long time
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#209RollerBobPosted 12/25/2012 5:13:57 PM
n0matter posted...
None will ever tell as good of a story, combine such an intricate combat system, be as seamlessly epic and push the hardware to it's limitations as that game did. People are too fixated on graphics and not patient enough to tolerate turn-based combat anymore. Hell, if it's not an FPS half of gaming world won't even tough it nowadays. Until gamers and producers stop focusing on what's 'pretty' and start listening to what people want instead of telling us what we need, we'll never see RPGs anywhere near as good as this game.

*points you Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story*

Yeah, those are Wii games, so what? I do think that they are superior to FF7 in many ways. However, it's kinda pointless to argue about that. You like FF7? Good for you.

I do think that many other JRPGs make FF7 look out of date, but I'm just a player. We would need an analyst in story development, character development and gameplay mecanics to break down this game into its components and see if they are better or worse than other JRPGs out there.

It may have looked great back then, but today, I don't think it's up to standards... and I really do hate that game for creating the Flower Girl Treatment that every other game copies.

STOP KILLING MY PARTY MEMBERS I'VE SPENT SO MUCH TIME LEVELING, CUSTOMIZING AND CARING ABOUT! GIVE ME SUITABLE REPLACEMENTS OR JUST STOP KILLING THEM!

Geez... I know it helps the narrative, but as a player, that's what I think about when I witness this kind of event.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#210Ron_Burgandy_Posted 12/25/2012 5:17:41 PM
Troll topic, everyone took the bait.
---
"I'm Ron Burgandy?" "Damn it, who put a question mark on the teleprompter?!"