This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Face it, there will never ben another console RPG as revolutionary as FF7

#211Pirate_BalthierPosted 12/25/2012 5:20:47 PM
I don't know if revolutionary is the best word to describe FF7 in many aspects but it was indeed important in the process of popularization of jrpg's.

And lol at the FF6 fanboys, they come right away to bash, those guys are just as lame as the FF7 fanboys, which is a shame because I love both games equally and both are quite good but their fanboys tend to overrate both games a lot.
---
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9876/8786730ne3.gif
I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.
#212ShinXaguraPosted 12/25/2012 5:29:49 PM
Nightmare637 posted...
opinions are opinions, none ar right and none are wrong.

I don't agree with you, In my own opinion.

This. FF7 is good but not the best in my opinion
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#213Oni_TaedoPosted 12/25/2012 5:42:10 PM
Pirate_Balthier posted...
I don't know if revolutionary is the best word to describe FF7 in many aspects but it was indeed important in the process of popularization of jrpg's.

And lol at the FF6 fanboys, they come right away to bash, those guys are just as lame as the FF7 fanboys, which is a shame because I love both games equally and both are quite good but their fanboys tend to overrate both games a lot.

VI overrated? Nah, it's just the best game of all time.
I suppose you think Casablanca, and Citizen Kane must also be overrated then, I guess.

A game like FFVI doesn't get heralded as the greatest game of all time for no reason. It's incredible cast each with a great deal of chemistry, amazing music, and a subtle environmental message, are what help make it so.

FF7 had some of that, but lost everything after the first disc. If the rest of the game was at all like the first disc, it would have been half as good as FFVI, but then Square just threw out all the character development of Tifa, Red, and Barret, to make room for Emo McSpinyhair Whinerston the thirty-third.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#214AlxT91Posted 12/25/2012 6:16:51 PM
Dragon Warrior of Final Fantasy 1 are probably higher.

But then it's the Gold-Box games that really win because they inspired both game series.
---
Laptop w/512MB Geforce 9800M GTS~ 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo~ 4GB DDR3 Ram~ WUXGA TFT 17" widescreem(1920x1200) | 360/Ps3/Wii/PSP/DS~ Homebrew FTW
#215OrangeSchweesePosted 12/25/2012 6:29:17 PM
ryudin89 posted...
OrangeSchweese posted...
SandOnMyBoot posted...
It was a mediocre game that was aggressively marketed to a mostly-untapped audience, and so many people bought into it.

You sound like someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Except he's completely right.

"mediocre" is hardly the correct term to describe it, though. Also, good marketing doesn't substitute for enjoyment. There's a reason the game has so many fans and was critically acclaimed.
#216shinra35800Posted 12/25/2012 6:56:43 PM
I think Shadow Hearts Covenant is toe to toe with FF7 if not greater.
#217shinra35800Posted 12/25/2012 6:57:22 PM
FF6 Would easily beat 7 if it was in 3D like FF8 or better.
#218chrombotPosted 12/25/2012 6:58:29 PM
OrangeSchweese posted...
Stealthlys posted...
FF7 is good. But not a masterpiece, or revolutionary. But LSSSC did CGI before ff7, and many games on the saturn had CGI.

I'm no fanboy, but I thought it was a masterpiece. Yes, other games had CGI, but can you name one that did it as well as 7? Square was known for its CGI back then.

I cant think of a single video game that doesn't have CGI.
#219TirMcDohlPosted 12/25/2012 8:03:14 PM
n0matter posted...
None will ever tell as good of a story, combine such an intricate combat system, be as seamlessly epic and push the hardware to it's limitations as that game did. People are too fixated on graphics and not patient enough to tolerate turn-based combat anymore. Hell, if it's not an FPS half of gaming world won't even tough it nowadays. Until gamers and producers stop focusing on what's 'pretty' and start listening to what people want instead of telling us what we need, we'll never see RPGs anywhere near as good as this game.

100% agreed with everything you said, TC.
---
Sieg Zeon
#220TirMcDohlPosted 12/25/2012 8:06:57 PM
http://www.filibustercartoons.com/games.htm

To hater: Before typing your worthless opinion, be sure to look at that site and think.
Use your brain.
---
Sieg Zeon