This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Face it, there will never ben another console RPG as revolutionary as FF7

#221Pirate_BalthierPosted 12/25/2012 7:33:53 PM
VI overrated? Nah, it's just the best game of all time.

FF6 fanboy alert! You sound exactly like a FF7 fanboy. XD

I suppose you think Casablanca, and Citizen Kane must also be overrated then, I guess.

Overrated by some people I'd say, I like both movies and I can't think of which one I like better, just like with FF6 and 7. I think that saying that a Final Fantasy is "the best game of all time" is ridiculous, RPGs aren't even everyone's favorite genre, many despise them actually, and even among RPG fans Final Fantasy isn't even considered unanimously as the best series.

A game like FFVI doesn't get heralded as the greatest game of all time for no reason. It's incredible cast each with a great deal of chemistry, amazing music, and a subtle environmental message, are what help make it so.

How many people actually consider it as the greatest game of all time? Not even in GameFaqs, usually that title goes to Ocarina of Time. I love FF6 for all those reasons you listed though (except for half of its cast. I found characters like Gau, Strago, Relm, Gogo, Mog and Umaro pretty uninteresting)

FF7 had some of that, but lost everything after the first disc. If the rest of the game was at all like the first disc, it would have been half as good as FFVI, but then Square just threw out all the character development of Tifa, Red, and Barret, to make room for Emo McSpinyhair Whinerston the thirty-third.

Well, considering that Cloud is the MC, I think it was fair giving him some more room, besides his story is the most relevant to the main story.

And I find it funny when someone tries to play the "emo" card, specially when you can make Celes jump off a cliff or Terra who goes all emo and loses her will to fight, even in esper form she gets her ass kicked. I'm not saying those things are bad, they go along with the story and the tough times they were going trough, but so was Cloud going emo when Seph messes up with his mind. in the end I think both games are fantastical in their own ways, to me FF6 = FF7, both represent the pinnacle of FF series.
---
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9876/8786730ne3.gif
I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.
#222KAMMYqueenPosted 12/25/2012 7:35:51 PM
final fantasy 7 was when the series went down hill for me.
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#223UnderratedGamerPosted 12/25/2012 8:03:02 PM
Haha, FF6 AND FF7 bashing? Kids shouldn't play games nowadays, especially the 10 year olds that have never played it.. Don't play good games if your hatred for the game you haven't even played clouds what should be a damn good experience.

I like FF6 better than FF7, but don't bash the other because you like the polar opposite.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#224DevilTears604Posted 12/25/2012 8:05:13 PM
Your topic title is not objective. It's a biased statement.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#225TheBorderColliePosted 12/25/2012 8:38:58 PM
None will ever tell as good of a story, combine such an intricate combat system, be as seamlessly epic and push the hardware to it's limitations as that game did.

Thank you for the "Christmas laugh," TC...
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#226DanahellPosted 12/25/2012 8:42:45 PM
FFVII is also my favorite game but I don't think it really was revolutionary, it made jrpgs popular but it didn't really change the way of making and presenting rpgs at all, it really was just a continuation of the good work that had been done so far.
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#227Iampony1Posted 12/25/2012 8:44:52 PM
n0matter posted...
None will ever tell as good of a story, combine such an intricate combat system, be as seamlessly epic and push the hardware to it's limitations as that game did. People are too fixated on graphics and not patient enough to tolerate turn-based combat anymore. Hell, if it's not an FPS half of gaming world won't even tough it nowadays. Until gamers and producers stop focusing on what's 'pretty' and start listening to what people want instead of telling us what we need, we'll never see RPGs anywhere near as good as this game.

Intricate combat system?
What combat system?
i like the game as much as the next fan but turn based gameplay really needs to go away
---
Bring awareness to Type-0 and Vs 13
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-versus-xiii/63945817