This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Face it, there will never ben another console RPG as revolutionary as FF7

#31Stanger5150Posted 12/25/2012 12:26:02 AM
BluePuniGod posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
BluePuniGod posted...
Dear god. When will people ever stop talking about FF7? They have been talking about it on GF since its first release.

So you came into a Final Fantasy VII topic, to b**** about people talking about Final Fantasy VII... meaning you are also talking about Final Fantasy VII?

Hat's off to you, sir. You must be so proud. I'll just shut up and watch people start at least 10 threads about FF7 daily.

I might start one just for you, and only because now I know it bothers you for some reason. There's a reason why some games are always talked about. It's also true that no game had ever appealed to everyone. Like it or not, the game was a landmark release, and what it did for the genre can't be understated. Did better RPGs exist before it? I'd say yes, but that's irrelevant. Any game's quality is subjective. A game's impact though, is not. Final Fantasy VII was revolutionary. That's a fact. Everything else regarding the game is subjective. To me, it is the best Final Fantasy ever made, with IV and IX barely trailing it.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#32n0matter(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 12:34:59 AM
It's also true that no game had ever appealed to everyone.

That's not true. NES Super Mario Bros. bundle. For anyone old enough to have experienced that purchase, we all know that gamed was incredible for its time, regardless of whether you were a shooter, RPG, platformer or whatever fan. We didn't take it for granted. We rejoiced that the days of playing good games could ONLY be experienced at the local arcade.
---
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon
#33Stanger5150Posted 12/25/2012 12:39:12 AM
n0matter posted...
It's also true that no game had ever appealed to everyone.

That's not true. NES Super Mario Bros. bundle. For anyone old enough to have experienced that purchase, we all know that gamed was incredible for its time, regardless of whether you were a shooter, RPG, platformer or whatever fan. We didn't take it for granted. We rejoiced that the days of playing good games could ONLY be experienced at the local arcade.

There were still people who skipped the NES, and stuck with the arcades until the Master System came out. Even the NES (my favorite console of all time) didn't appeal to everyone.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#34n0matter(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 12:46:43 AM
The console market was volatile back then. No one intentionally waited for the SMS. What did you read this somewhere or something. It was a 9:1 race, no one waited specifically for the Master System, much less stuck with it in favor of the NES. Great things came from Sega during that time but they were late in bringing forward a generation of home gamers that would be the catalyst for today's gamers. Funny when you think about it that way...It's the earliest example of dedicated home consoles and 'war's to accompany them, where the technically superior product end's up finishing last. Sound familiar? The Wii U must be a piece of crap. lol
---
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon
#35jammiesPosted 12/25/2012 12:49:24 AM
Borderlands
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#36OrangeSchweesePosted 12/25/2012 12:59:50 AM
More like, nobody will ever make another game as good as Deus Ex.

Game of the Year, every year.
#37Devilman_AmonPosted 12/25/2012 1:00:13 AM
n0matter posted...
None will ever tell as good of a story, combine such an intricate combat system, be as seamlessly epic and push the hardware to it's limitations as that game did. People are too fixated on graphics and not patient enough to tolerate turn-based combat anymore. Hell, if it's not an FPS half of gaming world won't even tough it nowadays. Until gamers and producers stop focusing on what's 'pretty' and start listening to what people want instead of telling us what we need, we'll never see RPGs anywhere near as good as this game.

Versus XIII
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#38Cobra1010Posted 12/25/2012 1:41:42 AM
boofie posted...
Nostalgia conquers all.

This guy thinks he knows ****
---
Playing: Guild Wars 2, BFBC2, Age of Empires Online
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--
#39AnthonM2Posted 12/25/2012 1:53:51 AM
Skies of Arcadia is better, more people should play it.
#40Thor61Posted 12/25/2012 1:59:24 AM
Skyrim. That game was so epic even the PS3 couldn't handle it.