This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Face it, there will never ben another console RPG as revolutionary as FF7

#41krazykillerkowPosted 12/25/2012 2:14:24 AM
Romangelo posted...
Persona sucks!!

jRPG that take place at the school in Japan LOL so lame.

This is the level of intelligence we are dealing with here.
---
That don't bother me, I don't exist.-carsauce on the subject of vitasurance
#42Stanger5150Posted 12/25/2012 2:16:42 AM
n0matter posted...
The console market was volatile back then. No one intentionally waited for the SMS. What did you read this somewhere or something. It was a 9:1 race, no one waited specifically for the Master System, much less stuck with it in favor of the NES. Great things came from Sega during that time but they were late in bringing forward a generation of home gamers that would be the catalyst for today's gamers. Funny when you think about it that way...It's the earliest example of dedicated home consoles and 'war's to accompany them, where the technically superior product end's up finishing last. Sound familiar? The Wii U must be a piece of crap. lol

I'm aware that nobody "waited" for the SMS, but some did not buy the NES, and then ended up buying the SMS instead. My cousin was one if them. I was there, and I saw it happen twice. My cousin hated Mario, and got a Master System. I was a Nintendo kid and didn't get a Sega system until 1992 (Game Gear). The fact remains: The NES did not appeal to everyone... Nothing does. The NES vs SMS wasn't really a war. Sega released the Genesis pretty soon after the SMS (Sonic the Hedgehog wad the last SMS game to come out in the U.S.). The NES vs Genesis was the first real war.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#43Pinoy441Posted 12/25/2012 2:30:26 AM
Thor61 posted...
Skyrim. That game was so epic even the PS3 couldn't handle it.

Hold up your flame shield many people are gonna go zomg its casual

Besides, Bethesda games aren't considered console RPGS since they always play better on a PC
---
*grabs popcorn*
#44mogar002Posted 12/25/2012 2:32:55 AM
I'm fine with that, revolutionary =/= good or even important in todays world.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#45Pinoy441Posted 12/25/2012 2:35:03 AM
TBH I dont really believe that RPGS can be revolutionary anymore considering how saturated the market was with them before, just like FPS is now.

The only real thing i can see them going revolutionary with it is VR ala Sword Art or something (Without the death please)
---
*grabs popcorn*
#46SythisTaruPosted 12/25/2012 2:35:38 AM
I think Dark Souls/Demon Souls wins this category. This gen atleast :X
#47XeliathPosted 12/25/2012 2:36:26 AM
What am I missing here? rose-tinted specs? I played FF7 and it was intensely boring with a thoroughly unlikable emo lead character.

Personally, I preferred FFIV. Great characters, fun battles, great story, now that's a proper rpg.
#48Pinoy441Posted 12/25/2012 2:37:50 AM
SythisTaru posted...
I think Dark Souls/Demon Souls wins this category. This gen atleast :X

Dark/Demon souls is good (overrated imo) but not really "Revolutionary". Didn't play too much because i never got too interested but it basically felt like WRPG style with ramped up difficulty (That is until you figure out the pattern and combat just feels repetitive)
---
*grabs popcorn*
#49justchill433Posted 12/25/2012 2:39:24 AM
Why pick the average FF game? Why not pick the best?

I'll bite, which one is that? If you say FF6 I'll ***** slap you across the internet.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#50justchill433Posted 12/25/2012 2:42:40 AM
Because, when people talk about Final Fantasy in general, they have fond memories of various iterations. When I was in high school, for example, FF3 (stateside) was my absolute favorite of the series. But I evolved as the series did until FF7, when it simply ceased to improve upon itself. At that point I said to myself "This game is one of the greatest I will ever play". Not because I had to but simply because it deserved the praise. I said this many times throughout the course of the game. I had never experienced a sense of true emotional response to a video game other than frustration until the Aerith's death scene. And I had never known that RPGs could be more than one dimensional products on consoles until this game.

It's the only game I've ever played that embodies morality, theology and psychology the way that this game does. Everything from Cloud's identity crisis to the love triangle between cloud, Aerith and Tifa to the struggle between sense of self-preservation versus acting on behalf of humanity and, to a greater extent, religious versus scientific faith. It hasn't been portrayed that well in the gaming world since FF7.

And how many villians still rank among the best if not THE best 25 years after their inception? Can you name any other than Sephiroth?

FF7 doesn't even have the best story in the FF series (that would go to FF Tactics). Besides, Vivi > Cloud all day every day.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*