This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone have trouble with blu ray + blu ray 3D combo discs?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Anyone have trouble with blu ray + blu ray 3D combo discs?
3 years ago#1
I got Step Up Revolution for Christmas, and since if the disc is defective, I can't take it back until tomorrow anyway, I figured I'd ask here. I have a 3D TV, which is going to be irrelevant anyway, as my receiver doesn't have HDMI 1.4 passthrough, and I can't afford to upgrade it. The disc says it is the non 3D version and the 3D version on the same disc, but when I click on it from the XMB, I then get a blank screen that says "no input," meaning my TV stopped receiving a video signal. Regular blu rays work. So, after all that, my question is, did I likely get a bad disc, or is it possible that there are blu rays coming out now that must be connected via HDMI 1.4 to be viewable? This is the first time I have ever had a movie with 3D and non 3D on the same disc.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim
3 years ago#2
Hoping someone can help with this.
---
(message deleted)
3 years ago#4
Go to system update in your settings.

I think the avengers 3d version did not work until I did that
---
--
3 years ago#5
PS3 doesn't support HDMI 1.4, so that's not the problem.
3 years ago#6
It's not the firmware. I always keep mine updated, and that was the first thing I checked, just in case. Got confused about HDMI 1.4, and if it had anything to do with 3D. My receiver requires a hard update to be able to support 3D, but being a combo disc, it should play on all blu ray players, correct? I'm pretty sute this is the first problem like this I've ever had, and I have a first gen PS3, so it's been years.
---
Your PS3 refuses to be subjected to having to play Step Up Revolution. Its taking a stand for itself.
---
NP: God of War 3, Final Fantasy VI, Metro 2033
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
3 years ago#8
I've heard the HDMI 1.4 thing is a myth, and u just need a fast hdmi cable or something to view 3d. anyway, i've watched prometheus 3d on my ps3 before and it was fine. but the 3d and non 3d versions were on 2 seperate discs so i dunno
---
Even a smile is charity
3 years ago#9
I know you said regular Blu-rays work, but alls I know is I couldn't even play regular Blu-rays on mine until I went to the Settings Menu and turned off the BD 1080p 24 Hz Output (HDMI).
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Anyone have trouble with blu ray + blu ray 3D combo discs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived