This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone have trouble with blu ray + blu ray 3D combo discs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Anyone have trouble with blu ray + blu ray 3D combo discs?

User Info: LordElohim

LordElohim
4 years ago#1
I got Step Up Revolution for Christmas, and since if the disc is defective, I can't take it back until tomorrow anyway, I figured I'd ask here. I have a 3D TV, which is going to be irrelevant anyway, as my receiver doesn't have HDMI 1.4 passthrough, and I can't afford to upgrade it. The disc says it is the non 3D version and the 3D version on the same disc, but when I click on it from the XMB, I then get a blank screen that says "no input," meaning my TV stopped receiving a video signal. Regular blu rays work. So, after all that, my question is, did I likely get a bad disc, or is it possible that there are blu rays coming out now that must be connected via HDMI 1.4 to be viewable? This is the first time I have ever had a movie with 3D and non 3D on the same disc.
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim

LordElohim
4 years ago#2
Hoping someone can help with this.
(message deleted)

User Info: XFactor1

XFactor1
4 years ago#4
Go to system update in your settings.

I think the avengers 3d version did not work until I did that
--

User Info: Pereb27

Pereb27
4 years ago#5
PS3 doesn't support HDMI 1.4, so that's not the problem.

LordElohim
4 years ago#6
It's not the firmware. I always keep mine updated, and that was the first thing I checked, just in case. Got confused about HDMI 1.4, and if it had anything to do with 3D. My receiver requires a hard update to be able to support 3D, but being a combo disc, it should play on all blu ray players, correct? I'm pretty sute this is the first problem like this I've ever had, and I have a first gen PS3, so it's been years.
Your PS3 refuses to be subjected to having to play Step Up Revolution. Its taking a stand for itself.
NP: God of War 3, Final Fantasy VI, Metro 2033
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher

User Info: razid

razid
4 years ago#8
I've heard the HDMI 1.4 thing is a myth, and u just need a fast hdmi cable or something to view 3d. anyway, i've watched prometheus 3d on my ps3 before and it was fine. but the 3d and non 3d versions were on 2 seperate discs so i dunno
Even a smile is charity

User Info: triple_lei

triple_lei
4 years ago#9
I know you said regular Blu-rays work, but alls I know is I couldn't even play regular Blu-rays on mine until I went to the Settings Menu and turned off the BD 1080p 24 Hz Output (HDMI).
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Anyone have trouble with blu ray + blu ray 3D combo discs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived