This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Japanese developers never seem to release any racing games...

#11EoinPosted 12/26/2012 9:20:05 AM
Solid Sonic posted...
Most of those haven't seen recent installments.

They still exist.

Solid Sonic posted...
Also the most recent Ridge Racer is western-made (from the producers of the FlatOut series, Bugbear Entertainment; also it's nothing like Ridge Racer at all).

There was a Japanese-developed Ridge Racer released almost immediately prior to that though, on Vita.
#12majin nemesisPosted 12/26/2012 9:32:51 AM
badboy posted...
Because they realized no racing game can be better than GT, so they don't need to bother with it.

This
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#13chiefofsb78Posted 12/26/2012 9:35:29 AM
Solid Sonic posted...
Isn't Gran Turismo made by JP developers the best series of them all
i dont think they care to much about racing over there or racing games

They have quite a few racetracks over there (Motegi, Suzuka, and Tsukuba to name some) and invented a few internationally recognized motorsport competitions (like gymkhana and drift racing).

yea its race tracks all over the world for the racers to race the competition not for the people but the fans of course racing is big in the US even Italy not so big in Japan gymkhana and drift racing is new and not so big compared to Nascar and F1 racing so game developers not being so big on it its no surprise
#14chiefofsb78Posted 12/26/2012 9:36:32 AM
majin nemesis posted...
badboy posted...
Because they realized no racing game can be better than GT, so they don't need to bother with it.

This

^^Yes this^^
#15Holy7777Posted 12/26/2012 9:48:18 AM
chiefofsb78 posted...
majin nemesis posted...
badboy posted...

This

^^Yes this^^

hahaha xD

yea think about it...the ONLY Japanese racing game that I bought was Gran Turismo series...and THE other Japanese racing game? Didn't bother too much.
---
If I became the CEO of Sony the PS4 would rocket to 1st place and leave the Xbox Z and Wii HD in the dust :P ~ Cyber Akuma Zero
#16Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 9:51:19 AM
Well if that's the case I hope you all agree that it's just hubris on their part then and that people who actually pay attention would know that it's not true.
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.